1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte Start-up Logo Displayed for Too Long Before Loading Windows

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Faisal McMissile, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Faisal McMissile

Faisal McMissile Member

GPU:
    GT 1030
    Good day,

Few weeks ago, I've purchased and received a used Gigabyte GA-EP43T-S3L Revision 1.1 from a seller in China through ebay, as shown in the link below:
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-EP43T-S3L-rev-10#ov

The motherboard that I receives works well within the 1st week after obtaining it. Every time I switched on the system, the Gigabyte start-up logo was displayed within 5 seconds before the Windows 10 is loaded. The photo of the logo is shown below:
    [​IMG]

On the second week onwards however, I noticed that the Gigabyte start-up logo is displayed for 35 seconds before Windows 10 is loaded. I tried remove the hard disk, CMOS battery, ram etc., but the Gigabyte start-up logo is still displayed around 35 seconds before Windows 10 is loaded.

I also updated the bios from version F3 to version F7 (the latest version), but still no improvement.

Does this means that the BIOS (or the motherboard) is faulty? I have requested for a refund/replacement of the item through ebay. If this thing is not an issue, I will cancel the refund/replacement request for this item on ebay.

2. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    Should be able to change the LOGO display time in one of the Bios tabs, all newer boards you can at least.

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Turn the logo off in the bios and see where it's hanging.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Usually hangs on POST are down to the BIOS struggling to detect faulty hardware such as HDDs, could be your C: with a problem if you've removed everything else

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    If you turn off the whole screen logo it will give you a hint at what point in the detection process it's hanging. Good to see you back Extraordinary :)

Extraordinary likes this.
  6. Faisal McMissile

Faisal McMissile Member

GPU:
    GT 1030
    I have recorded the video when I on the computer (before and after disabling the on-screen logo) and uploaded to youtube. Please find the video in the link below:

Sorry for taking quite some time to share the video. My camera automatically adjust the focus after I disable the on-screen logo, causing the sentence written underneath the logo cannot be read clearly. Feel free to inform me if you need me to record the video all over again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    Could be an onboard controller failing. It's hard to tell cuz it's out of focus but I didn't see any outright errors. I would disable usb controllers and sata controllers(I would start with them but eventually all controllers i.e. network, bluetooth or whatever) one at a time and see if that doesn't help.

8. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Like everyone said turn off the logo and you can minimize the start process of the boot up take it to 1 second.