Gigabyte Registers 12 RTX 3080 Ti SKUs With the EEC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The chatter on this product is so strong, that it's bound to happen. This time the EEC has recently seen new registration from Gigabyte, and they not less than twelve different GeForce RTX 3080 Ti S...

Gigabyte Registers 12 RTX 3080 Ti SKUs With the EEC

2. schilperoordbas

schilperoordbas Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX Merc BE
    Only the mining will happen I guess. Not much happening for the PC community. Maybe they should release millions of different video card versions so that the miners can't keep up or sell dummy cards that act like they produce MH/s, but it's fake.

I mean to say we need a giant middlefinger towards miners and mainly the ones who are greedy.

BY MUCH LUCK I do own a RTX 3080 and I refuse to mine on it out of respect for the pc community. Something has to be done to put a stop to this, somehow.

I actually feel like Hilbert's profile pic when I talk about PC Gaming at this moment. It's sad.

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Mining is basically like having a money tree, it's gonna be real difficult to stop these farms.
    Farming with gpus is the problem, not the gamer wanting to make a buck or three.

4. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    Why so many different versions, I don't get it. Miners are happy with just one, the simplest version possible. Make just one black plastic card,with nothing written on it, no leds no nothing, with only one fan and as short as possible. Miners will love it! Gigabyte behaves like it's a "normal" market, releasing different cooling variants, different clocked versions, absolutely pointless. 3080 ti might the first high end videocard I will not even read the review for it. Hoping to see that PS5 dropping in price a bit more and I'm done with PC.

5. Godeau

Godeau Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GP
    Same sentiments. Honestly don't care if they release a hundred different variants if almost nothing is available for purchase, and at a humane price. Thinking of swaying to consoles myself and forget about pc gaming for the next couple of years.

6. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Only issue is consoles have the same problem.

I think scalping is the bigger issue vs miners.

7. Laci

Laci Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    We have the same issue in Germany. There are several forums where GPU availability is monitored and posted, scalpers rush to buy these and resell them 300-400€ over the online shop prices.. They even write in the selling post - "card has been ordered today, will be shipped as soon as it arrives". shameless as it can get.. affected are all GPUs.

Chrysalis likes this.
  8. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    I don't think scalping is the issue anymore. I believe that there are only miners and nothing else. I'm already finding on the second hand market mining rigs with 3080s, or 3080s that have been mined, which might be a good sign actually. In the meantime, a new 3080 is starting to go above 3000 euro in the online stores, while a PS5 is between 800 and 1000 euro, quite hard to find as well. PCs are just dead right now.

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Exactly what i think.

Regarding the PS5, i´m also thinking on getting one because PC hardware is losing all interest right now and i wouldn´t mind paying the 500€ for it, but the size is really putting me off, that thing is huge!!!
    I wonder if a pS5 slim is on the cards for the future.