Gigabyte outs new line up gaming monitors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gigabyte sends word that three new gaming monitors that can be classified as successors to the Aorus screens. The new monitors cover the 27-inch and 31.5-inch category and are available in both flat ...

Gigabyte outs new line up gaming monitors

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I see every new lineup of monitors already have new freesync labeling.

Freesync premium pro sounds better than gsync compatible. :D

3. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    @Undying !
    Problem is that I was expecting better HDR with freesync premium , not the entry lvl 400. Also, why does the 27' have 120% SRGB and the other 90 % P3 are they the same ? Whould have been nice to see the 27 also at 1440p ....
    This year it's monitor time for me :D , haven't changed mine in 10 - 11 years :(

4. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    The 48 inch LG Oled seems the only interesting "gaming" display for this year. I can't wait for it to be released.

5. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    It's silly. 48" size isn't comfortable for typical PC desk gaming with keyboard and mouse setup. It would be nice if LG made these OLEDs in more reasonable 30"-35" sizes for PC use.

This 48" version is too big for desk and too small for living room. Don't see much use for it personally. Maybe it's cool for kids living in dorm rooms or something, but then again. such demographic doesn't have that much money to spend on OLED.

That's why LG didn't bother with 48" OLED before. No one buys this TV size any more. 65" is where it's at, and 55" is still somewhat popular size, but I think it's dropping in popularity in favor of 65".

6. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    It's not silly. It's suitable for someone like me, for instance, that doesn't have such a big living room in which to hang or place a 55+ inch TV.
    48 is much better, but yeah, even smaller would have been great. Since this is all we'll be getting, I'll happily pay the price for the 48 inch when it will be launch (hopefully by April).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  7. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    32" and 1440p... is that as blurry as 27" 1080p? Anyone first hand experience?

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    No. 32" 1440p have same pixel density as 24" 1080p.

Goiur likes this.
  9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Thx! Right now i was looking into it :D

Does not sound to bad... i want to jump to a 32" screen and that may be a good start with a high refresh. 4k in 2025+.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nobody is gonna use OLED. I have no reason to play different games each day to no cause burn in. And is too big. Only ultra-wide, you can sit near and play over 33". That's gamers' reality.

11. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    The big advantage with the OLED is that it brings allmost perfect HDR at a smaller price then the micro leds or HDR1000 FALD displays.
    I'd rather pay 1500$ for a 48 inch OLED then 3000$ for a 35 inch VA FALD display. For the casual gamer, that likes the immersion of a game more then anything, I believe that OLED is perfect. For competitive gamers, OLED is nonsense, it will burn in in a couple of months and it's too big to be useful. Different users have different needs. It's wrong to assume that nobody will buy it.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Panel type?

Not even the website has info on it, while that's the most important thing to know.

13. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    As someone who has run a 55" LG OLED TV as their monitor for well over a year now, I gotta tell you - don't knock it till you try it. I have a 39" deep desk pushed against a wall, and the TV mounted flat on the wall is not "too big" (the TV itself is only 1" thick and I use a flush wall mount). It fills your field of vision, yes, but the amount of head movement needed is not even noticeable, especially in games where most elements are either big enough to pick up with your peripheral vision or in the middle of the screen. The THX recommended viewing distance for a 50" 4k screen is only 4.2 feet, so with a big desk 48" isn't too far out of line for a monitor.

The bigger thing you should concern yourself with is screen burn. It takes VERY little to embed an image in a big OLED - the task bar and desktop icons will be burned in after a week if you are using a bright theme and the screen brightness is cranked up. You can run the screen refresher a few times to make it go away, but I know from Rtings testing that it's eventually going to be permanent - I had a BSOD happen once when I was away for a few hours, and it took half a dozen 1-hour refresh runs to make the burn in go away. As such, I now run a dark grey desktop background with a taskbar that's the same color, Windows' dark theme, and I turn the monitor off when I am going to be away for any length of time.

14. fero77ke

fero77ke Guest

GPU:
    AMD Asus R290X
    I dont know abou OLED, but for me is LG 50'' PLAZMA 60hz/fps vs LCDs Freesync/Gsync vs LCDs 120hz/fps with strobelight vs DLP PROJECTOR 2Dor3Dmod => PLAZMA is still the best gaming experience :) PLAZMA RULEZ => I will NEVER buy LCD again, maybe I'll try OLED in long distance future ;) but I am not sure about OLED either

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020