Gigabyte Mini-ITX GTX 970 Graphics Card - GV-N970IXOC-4GD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Just noticed that these are now available and the price isn't bad either. I wonder how well this would do as second SLI card...

2. laststop

laststop Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Well it is obviously not going to be exactly identical to a full size card with a larger heatsink and more fans. It's just the laws of physics, not as much heat will be able to be moved. So the card has to sacrifice some aspects. Lower max clocks or faster fan speeds that create more noise or most likely a mixture of both.

The real question is how much is sacrificed compared to a full size card? Is it just a tiny bit of speed and a tiny bit of noise or is it a little more than a tiny bit and somewhat noticeable? We need some hard concrete numbers to see how big the sacrifices are on this card. I can't decide between this card and the asus strix until I get some hard numbers.

You would think tech review sites would be interested in reviewing the worlds fastest mini itx sized gpu.

3. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    I just noticed its available for purchase in my usual shop as well. Any chance for a review?

4. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    yes please a review. Very interested.

5. orangutan

orangutan New Member

GPU:
    Model / Memory size
    I have this card. It is very loud at idle and you cannot turn the fan off. I would go as far as to say if you are looking for a quiet system, you should absolutely avoid this card.

6. laststop

laststop Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Thanks for the info. Review sites aren't giving us any.