Gigabyte launches Xtreme Gaming XC700W chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gigabyte today quite silently released and listed a new chassis at their website, the Gigabyte launches Xtreme Gaming XC700W. The chassis is an ATX full-tower that combines SECC steel, aluminium, a...

Gigabyte launches Xtreme Gaming XC700W chassis

2. Elfa-X

Elfa-X Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    No...it's too....XTREME.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I like the stands. More cases should have those.

4. Enticles

Enticles Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    i know its just my personal opinion and taste, but i really dislike the aesthetics of that chassis.

5. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    Why are PC component companies still labelling as if they have to sell them to 12 year olds? MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE, they all do this, I do not get why...

Never ever would I want this huge "EXTREME GAMING" logo slapped on my case, it's just plain embarrassing. Maybe taste just differs, but I just want a clean case, made from quality materials, a sensible lay-out, attention to detail, and a nice intriguing look to it in my living room without screaming "YO DIZ IS THE 420 NO-SCOPE **** YO, SUPER POWER MILITARY GRADE BAZOOKA GAMING NO-GF-EVA 4 LIFE"

but that's just my 2ct..

6. Hayachan

Hayachan Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx970 G1
    Absolutely agree with ya, This case screaming "I'm a D.ck!!!!"

7. Qwinn

Qwinn Guest

What I can't stand is all the new cases lacking even one 5.25" drive bay. Want an optical drive, OC panel, fan controllers? Nope, sorry. The case companies really jumped the gun on writing those out of the design. Frankly I think there will *always* be a use for those bays. I frankly wouldn't buy a case with less than 3 (cause you know if you only get 2, something in the case will block at least one of em).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
  8. Bansaku

Bansaku Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    FAIL! If you are going to market a case with support for a massive reservoir and 360mm radiators, FFS you better include either A) A built-in 4 channel fan controller B) At least 1 5.25" drive bay so the user can add their own fan controller.

Here is an idea: Include both dual face plates (1 for sleekness, 1 for functionality), and a removable 5.25" cage as well as an extra 3x3" drive cage. Not everyone wants to go water cooling.

:cheers:

9. Osorio

Osorio New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 970
    I think they missed out on a good opportunity to make something that didn't look so garish.

I don't mind large cage being omitted as they wouldn't apply to me. However, for other users this could be an issue. I would say make that light up side panel removable if they insist on keeping it there and add a drive cage or just omit that panel. No real need for that to be there. That front badge is also unnecessary if you want something minimal.

Other than that I must agree, the stand is quite nice.

10. Montville

Montville Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    Looks nice but I prefer cases with HDD activity LED on the front panel