GIGABYTE Launches the Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2012.

1. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    After using mine for a few weeks I like it, but every now and then keys seam to stick and get a run a way letter, not sure If i should RMA or not yet.

2. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ulata
    Nice keyboard but..... Why during restart when I'm trying to get into BIOS settings it doesn't work? It lights up but del and all other keys do not work. Then once it gets into windows it works perfectly. What's up with that?
    When I connected my old cheap keyboard no problems at all.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    perhaps a setting in bios you need to enable /disable, i'm having a ball with mine - i like how you only need to stroke the keys and how they can take a bashing too, i swapped one out and noiticed there's an led under every key, not bad. :)
    I've yet to install ghost software.

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    the logitech g710+ mechanical keyboard is quiet due to the use of cherry red keys and rubber bump stops at the bottom of each key, doesnt need batteries and is good for gaming due to 26KRO via usb or NKRO via PS2. i'd say this board is worth it for the cherry reds and full back light alone. im honestly considering swapping my ducky shine for it.

5. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    after installing the ghost software you can clean the keyboards memory and see if that helps? i noticed something similar with my space bar but just unplugged and replugged and it seemed to solve itself.

6. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ulata
    Cleaning memory or playing with BIOS didn't help.

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I guess you've tried plugging in usb3 plug too? (not something i do but you never know), strange but last night i had the esc. button go unresponsive on me while playing BL2, i just unlpugged it then back in and all was good.

Aivia keyboard thread on gigabyte forums >
    http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,9678.msg73528.html#msg73528

8. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I ended up returning mine, had a few keys start to get stuck and run away. Had to unplug it to stop them. I got a refund and picked up the G710+ and I am happy.

9. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ulata
    Yeah will return this garbage too. I have search all over the net no solution.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012