Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 SOC WINDFORCE 3X or MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DeMarki, Sep 18, 2011.

1. DeMarki

DeMarki Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC 1280
    Greetings,
    I decided to purchase a decent GTX 570 and after doing some research I decided to buy one of the following two cards:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 SOC WINDFORCE 3X
    or
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition

Both cards seem to offer excellent factory overclocking along with a high quality and silent cooling system which of course results in being more expensive than the average GTX 570 you will find. However I cannot decide which one to purchase. :(

Does any of you have any experience with any of those cards, or perhaps have a friend or family member who owns one? Which of those would you buy or avoid and why?

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    +1 for MSI.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    another vote for MSI.

It can achieve 900mhz without a problem, its cool, great quality parts, although it can be a bit noisy after 63-65% fan speed... But you won't hear it unless you have poor case air flow.

mine needs 1.049v for 900mhz.. or only 1.031v for 887mhz..
    [​IMG]

im very happy with it :thumbup:

4. Boulard83

Boulard83 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb Crucial ballistix
    +1 MSI !

Asus DCII ;) I run mine 858mhz with 1.025v. very cool and quiet !

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Have to agree with others, MSI is the way to go.

6. DeMarki

DeMarki Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 570 SoC 1280
    Howcome you all voted for the MSI? I read all the specifications and in theory the Gigabyte one is a bit faster and runs cooler and more silent. I wish there was an actual article or benchmark that puts all the GTX 570s to test so I can see for myself...

7. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    the gigabyte runs slightly cooler due to the larger vapour chamber. but from the reviews ive seen, the gigabyte windforce 3x setup doesnt keep its temps cool in SLI configs (unless you have a side fan).

so if youre going SLI, get the msi. but if youre settling for single card, i'd say go for the 570. its got a beefy OC (which is nice if youre like me and dont like messing with OC settings to find a stable setting for each game) and is priced similarly to the msi (at least in australia anyway).

8. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    I have gtx 580 sli soc, my iddle temps are 37 and 39 load 65 and 68, i had before 2 msi gtx 560 ti sli twin frozer 3 those cards where getting so hot so i changed them @ day 1 for the gigabytes what i am having now, MSI twin frozer 3 are bad cards they trow the hot air true the case and they sound like a freaking jumbo yet under load!

Btw my case is a CoolerMaster Haf X.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Yea I saw 560TI hawks TFIII could have some overheating issues, but this is not the case with 570gtx TFIII.

Max fan speed was 63% @ 69C (900mhz/2200mhz) in 3dmark 2011.

Otherwise 53-64C while gaming (never beyond 60%) or 38-39C in idle.

10. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    lol, as i said, doesnt keep its temps cool unless you have a side fan. your case has a side intake fan which helps with the breathing.

11. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    just get a stock gtx 570 and mount an Arctic cooler on it and you will get lowest temps out of the two and you can't even hear the fan even at 100%. but if you don't want that then go with MSI i consider it better than gigabyte...for GPUs