Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 motherboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, May 12, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Gigabyte today released one fine X58 motherboard. It is the performance oriented GA-X58A-UD9 motherboard featuring a new 24 phase Unlocked Power design 4-way graphics support including NVIDIA SLI and...

More...

2. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    That looks like one awesome board, you can do your quad sli review now Hilbert ;)

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Too bad a lot of us still have PCI X-Fi cards.

4. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    about time to release.

But how about changing that colour theme to something like green/black or sliver/black rather than that. It would look much more sicker

5. Spetznaz

Spetznaz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9400GT 512MB @ 750
    Nice looking board. Does it have nf200 chip so that it can support quad-sli unlike asus r3e?

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i would't accept a gigabyte motherboard not even for free, i've tried plenty of gigabyte mobos through the years and not a single one worked, nothing but problems with each one of them (no post, ram errors, BSOD, crashes and more) with different ram, different sound cards, different 3dcards and even different processors, i don't overclock either and i flashed all the gigabyte mobos with the latest bios, dunno if its pure bad luck or what, returned them all. :wanker:

XFX, MSI, ASROCK, EVGA, ECS, INTEL, AMD all worked perfectly for me without a hitch.

i'm sure this gigabyte is a great mobo and it should work well for everyone, except me.

the only gigabyte products that work for me are the 3dcards and psu.

7. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
  8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    At least they give a list of recommended cases this time around. The board I have has such a retarded layout that I can't use tri-SLI / tri-fire unless all cards are watercooled as you can only use a single slot card in the third PCIe slot if you have a 'normal' ATX case.

9. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I hate the color scheme! :mad:

10. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    Interesting information was looking at ud5 today, guess i won't be buying that board now :wanker:

11. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    Maybe your just unlucky? I've built over 10 computers with Gigabyte boards, of all different sockets and chipsets and none have been faulty. I also have quite a few friends with Gigabyte boards as well, and the only problem I've ever seen once was bad caps/ The mid range boards may not be the best overclockers, but they sure are Ultra Durable ©

12. Lutfi

Lutfi Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870X2 Trifan
    i don't think all the 7pci-e is worthwhile.. because, once 4way is used, the 3 in between is useless.. which can be use for sound card, raid card or pci-ssd.. :p

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I was thinking of buying a gigabyte as my next board.

14. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    You have an REII X_X

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Looks like a good board, although im perfectly happy with my UD7. Its the first gigabyte board i've had and its been very good so far :)

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    yeah i meant in the future when i do buy a new board,ramp 2 is great for a good while yet:)

17. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Well i decided to call it seatx as you guys know,

Shame that when this 10 slot came out, they didnt see i was ready with my case.

oh well, i still call it seatx.

anyway, what i would like to know, is the spacing between the original bottom holes to the extra ones, so i can add the extra standoffs to my tray.

thanks

Oh, i wont be buying one, too much £ for me

Im also not a big "gotta have millions of gfx cards" but thinking this can be usefull for tv cards, interface cards, etc etc,

Shame its aimed at ocer and gamer, as i like idea of expansion capabilities mainly which i guess allows price to rocket.

maybe some more cheaper boards in this form factor will come along, allowing for the non ocer/gamer?

would be nice, if you could have a bottom pcb, that could be attatched to all mobos coming by ribbon cable maybe?, to allow for the extra expansion slots.

but hry,who will listen to me?

well it may happen, its the way id do it.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  18. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Sorry but only just noticed that this board has Floppy and IDE connectors on it lol

Who the hell buys a £450 motherboard and uses Floppy Drive or IDE HDD on it lol