Gigabyte confirms GeForce RTX 4070 Ti graphics cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy, mbk1969, rl66 and 1 other person like this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Shouldn't this be below 4080 and 4090, not between them?

Cave Waverider and fantaskarsef like this.
  4. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    Even with both at 1000$, 4070 Ti will still likely outsell 7900 XTX.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    4070 Ti... :rolleyes: If they weren't such BS artists it'd be named the 4060 like they originally planned.

Probably, despite the fact that the 7900XTX will likely curb stomp it. People don't even consider AMD, the fanaticism surrounding nGreedia is mind boggling levels of retarded.

I'm either skipping this gen or getting a 7900XTX, regardless, a certain leather jacket wearing psychopath's company isn't getting my money.

Nopa and Sylencer like this.
  6. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I don't see any reason for this card existing unless it vastly undercuts the 7900s in price. I have a hard time believing there's any chance of that happening. I suppose some DLSS3 shenanigans could give it some leverage.

7. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    For the majority of non-tech gamers its pointless comparing performance between NV and AMD, the majority will buy NV irrespective.
    If £1000 gets you 120fps with AMD but 85fps with NV, they will buy NV cos its NV

tunejunky and Agonist like this.
  8. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Weird how AMD didn't lose marketshare with rx5000, despite only making 400usd and less GPUs, yet lost marketshare massively when they make "competitive" rx6000 LOL

9. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Haha, worse rip-off generational launch ever, go get screwed nGreedia.

Serotonin, Sylencer and Agonist like this.
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Prolly cost $850

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not really, it's all about availability.
    plus when rtx30/rx6000 launched, people knew ray tracing was going to get widely adopted. with turing there were few games, rt was too heavy for mid-range gpus, dlss 1.0 looked like literal crap. with 3060ti/3070 and dlss 2.x.x ray tracing became affordable for a lot more people.

tunejunky likes this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    what amd card has 120fps at the same pricepoint as nvidia's 85fps card ?
    this is some next level ranting.
    in rasterization they're the same, but amd is a lot weaker with rt.

amd is soooo much better, right ?

[​IMG]

13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    The 6000 series released at the time of the chip shortage. And at a time when they were making chips for Zen3 and consoles, and GPUs, all at N7.
    A CPU has much bigger profit margins than a GPU. And Zen3 was the best CPU at the time. So it made sense for AMD to allocate more wafers to it's production.
    AMD had to fulfil contracts with Sony and MS. So they couldn't just cut off production for console chips.
    So that left GPUs to be sacrificed. So GPU production was very low. And even the few cards that were made, were snatched up by miners.
    Even worse, the 5000 series had one of the best mining performances, so they were in high demand. So a lot of people sold them to miners. Reducing AMD's share in gaming, further.

moo100times and tunejunky like this.
  14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Maybe but i don`t see any of them selling very well.

Those kind of prices make little sense nowadays, with everything that is happening.

If it was 2 or 3 years ago, when the economy was still going strong, then many they could get away with those (absurd) prices but right now, it`s another story.

Maddness likes this.
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I think (and maybe I'm wrong) back when it was still a 4080 12GB, it was said to be $900. Honestly pretty annoying considering that basically confirms the price is set rather arbitrarily.

Agonist, Maddness and tunejunky like this.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    You really dont get this kind of next level thinking do you, you are often so keen to peacock that you dont see what other are saying metaphorically or not, stop thinking the world is trying to out you you.
    The figures are not important, its the thought process, there are people who will buy a certain thing irrespective if that thing is better or worse than the other things in its group.
    The blindest of brand loyalty. So it doesnt matter if the 7*** series is better of worst than a same prices NV card, people will stick to what they know or prefer.
    now get over yourself and start looking at peoples posts for what they often are, observations rather than always opinions.

Ivrogne, schmidtbag and tunejunky like this.
  17. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    poor RT performance is the primary reason I probably won't go AMD for graphics. I'll buy their CPUs all day long though.

geogan likes this.
  18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    thought process of imagining pricepoints that don't exist ?
    price/perf charts show nvidia is the same as amd, or better in rasterization. they crush them in rt on top of that, and have better image recontruction technique.
    yet you say even if amd was better, people would still buy nvidia,which is BS.
    sometimes things you see in black and white are indeed the things you see, there's nothing more.
    figures are the most important thing if you want to prove a point. otherwise you're just ranting.
    calling someone a blind fanboy when they are the ones who actually look at data is ironic.
    yeah,amd so much better, beats nvidia by 35 fps at the same price

4090 TUF OC im Test.png

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  19. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    The 4070 Ti could be 2000$ and it would still outsell all cards AMD will release.

20. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

you made an earlier reply that hit the nail on the head then proceeded to ignore the strong logic you applied.
    there are still far too few games w/RT period.
    and the top selling games are ports or have extremely low requirements.

the facts are the games that you like are RT intensive and that's OK. but don't be blind to the reality that games like "overwatch" have hundreds of times the users vs. "CP2077" or "deathloop".
    and the idea that you need a RT card for the most popular games is ridiculous and you can even look to Nvidia's sales to verify that.

moo100times likes this.