Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Motherboard Line Also Surfaces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Photos of a series Gigabyte Aorus Z370 motherboards for Intel Coffee Lake processors have leaked on-line. Coffee lake is the 8th gen Desktop processor series that will support up-to 6 core processors...

Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Motherboard Line Also Surfaces

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Are those the "normal" performance boards, as in the normal socket and not the enthusiast platform? If so, this would be a first to see support for more than two channels on the mainstream platform (CPU).
    If so, they'd only need to offer CPUs without the iGPU and I would be pleasently surprised.

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    That Z370 Gaming 7 looks cool.

4. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    Why does the slide say quad-channel?

5. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Typo most probably. This platform is not quad channel.

6. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    What if its not a typo?
    On x299 4 cores use dual and 6 cores and higher use quad.
    Intel 6 core CPUs use quad channel, its easier to build upon existing technology than cuting 2 channels for no reason
    The difference between x299 and Z370 will be the amount of RAM slot, if x299 can have two quad channel kits then z299 can only have ONE and thats it you filled all the ram slots.
    We will see, i hope its ture, than moving from my 5820K will be even cheaper, ill keep my 32Gb quad channel kit and only get new CPU and mobo

7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @MegaFalloutFan
    amount of ram slots has ZERO to do if a platform is SC/DC or QC.

3 reasons to buy HEDT:
    quad vs dual channel
    min 2 cores more
    more pcx lanes

pcx lanes are not relevant for gaming-rigs anymore, as even Nv already stopped "active" support for multi gpu setups with more than 2 cards.
    and no enthusiast board will have any bandwidth issues running two 1080ti's, so they will already lose customers that wont upgrade from a previous X to the newer platform
    and will choose 6/8C desktop cpus (rather than X99).

they will NOT release QC on this, or no one buys the 6C on x299 platform.
    why would intel offer 2 identical cpus, where the only difference is amount of ram channels.
    especially if the lower tier (non HT) is an i5 running 6C already.

besides all that, quad channel will do narda regarding gaming performance anyway (fps), and even DC can do around 50GB/s transfer (ddr4 3200),
    not sure what gain there would be (for gamer/desktop users) to get 70-80GB/s on quad.

8. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    What's the difference between this and the 390 motherboards?

One of the things dissuading me from getting this cpu and chipset is that it is dual channel memory, so it would be awesome if it wasn't a typo and intel changed it up in response to the 1900x being available on the threadripper chipset now.

Also 3x m.2 slots, that's what I like to see.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

This, probably. Thinking about it again, it would make no sense to release it on the normal platform and not keep it for the enthusiast platform (like it has been for a decade or so now), but we never know what Intel might want to try to battle Ryzen.

10. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    min 2 cores more?......7640X, 7740X, and 7800X would like a word with you..... along with the fact it seems the 8700K will be supporting 24 PCIe 3.0 lanes vs 7740X and 7640X's 16 lanes. So 2 of your reasons are now invalid.