GIGABYTE A88X Series Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gigabyte announced its new FM2+ motherboard lineup supporting the forthcoming 'Keveri' AMD APUs with support for existing socket FM2 Trinity and Richland APUs. A88X motherboards feature a number of...

GIGABYTE A88X Series Motherboards

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This is gunna be good. :D

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I like the color scheme

4. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    So dose this mean that AMD motherboard are final going to feature a Creative Sound Core 3D chip on board now.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    would be a nice change for those using the motherboard integrated sound. The Realtek and VIA audio chipsets suck. Hell, it'd be nice to see them get away from Realtek altogether.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    When comparing my Soundcard to the onboard codec on my motherboard.. I must say I was very amazed by the quality of the onboard audio : I

In the past I would have agreed with you though. I've had motherboards that gave all sorts of static for no reason with onboard codecs.

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    No ITX... :/ Oh, and Hilbert, small typo there in the first paragraph "Keveri".

Actually, I'd rather take the top Realtek chip with Creative's latest software than Creative's Recon3D chip without external DAC.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    My current board has a Realtek 898 audio chipset. With my Logitech G330 headset, it's audio quality is almost acceptable... With my Superlux HD681's it's intolerable.... The VIA VT1718S that was on my ASRock H55DE3 was intolerable with any headset.... The better the headset/speakers you use, the more obvious the difference in quality becomes.