Gigabyte 560Ti 950Mhz vs 1000Mhz

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SinghKing, May 28, 2011.

1. SinghKing

SinghKing Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9800GTX+ 1GB
    What is the performance difference between the two?
    Is 950Mhz value for money? sinces its around £200 compared to a 100Mhz edition

I cant seem to find any benchmarks for the 950Mhz comparing it with the 1000Mhz edition

2. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Previously it was 1000MHz but they reduced it to 950MHz for better yields. Shouldn't be much of a difference.

3. Psycho101

Psycho101 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    It depends on whether you're willing to pay for a guaranteed OC. Going from 950MHz to 1GHz core definitely won't make a massive amount of difference. The question is, will it be enough to make a game that would struggle to be playable at 950MHz core run significantly better? I doubt it very much.

IMO, a stock or slightly OC'd model (with a nice, effective non reference cooler) is amuch better buy. You'll probably hit very close to the high end OC'd cards simply using Afterburner and bumping the core voltage a little.

Once you start to get within £30 of a stock 570, the attraction of a pre-OC'd 560Ti, for me, disappears. Sure, you might get close to or in some cases better than 570 performance if you get lucky and can OC further, however even a bog standard 570 will OC too, and claw back the performance advantage by a decent margin. It also has 256MB more VRAM

You can get a stock clocked PNY 570 for ~£220 which will no doubt OC at least half decently. I'd go for that over any £200 560Ti. Only reason I bought a pair of Gigabyte 460's over the reference was because they were £6 more expensive for a quieter and just as effective cooler. plus I like Gigabyte's choice of components.

Looking at some of the prices charged, for instance an extra ~75MHz core clock on a 570 for £50 extra is extremely poor value, and that's puting it nicely. Choose a card for the quality of its components, the cooler or because it's a brand you trust. Don't worry as much about clock speeds, there's not a great deal on the market that pushes the boundaries in terms of clocks. Those that do, are just IMO, not good value at all.

4. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    I wouldn't get anything but a GTX560 Ti HAWK.

HAWK
    [​IMG]

SOC
    [​IMG]

TWIN FRZR
    [​IMG]

ASUS
    [​IMG]