1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte 267.60 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BaneComes, Mar 23, 2011.

1. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
  2. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 970
    Does it contain the DA2 semi-fix? If not then it's probably older than 267.59.

3. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    says driver was out 3-08-11 haven't had a chance to try them yet nope came out same day as 267.59 DriverVer = 03/08/2011, 8.17.12.6760

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  4. stasio

stasio Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTS 450 SC
    Fast links:
    Code:
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/vga_driver_nvidia_xp32_267.60.zip
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/vga_driver_nvidia_xp64_267.60.zip
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/vga_driver_nvidia_(win7)vista32_267.60.zip
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/vga_driver_nvidia_(win7)vista64_267.60.zip

5. voodooholic

voodooholic New Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 580
  6. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
    i think it's the same driver..i'll wait for nvidia official this time..267.59 it's pretty good in DA2, but i lost performance in other titles.

7. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    wait for official instructions

P.S. Waiting for official driver. Damn it's been a long time since january and no new driver

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does anyone have a link to the international 64-bit drivers please?

9. Lavik

Lavik Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX285 AMP!
    DJ_Casper, it'll be in april...
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=194951&view=findpost&p=1211339

10. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    It is being reported at NVidia forums that this 267.60 driver is from same driver branch as the 267.59. This new 267.60 driver is [r267_11-9] and the 267.59 driver was [r267_11-8] so it is most likely that the "DA2 fix" is there but I have not tested it yet.

Edit:
    I have now confirmed that the 267.60 driver is [r267_11-9].
    My first test of Dragon Age 2 demo with DirectX 11 didn't show the higher fps like the 267.59 driver but then I saw that Windows 7 was asking me some question about the driver and it's ability to work with Aero so I ran the Windows Experience Index thing and then this 267.60 driver did great with Dragon Age 2 demo.

I want to say that for Dragon Age 2 demo this 267.60 driver is *better* than the 267.59 driver because of much less mouse input lag. I can kill the enemy much more faster and efficiently now. Dragon Age 2 players are gonna wanna try this driver.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I installed these this morning using the International INF that voodooholic posted (many thanks!) and they are working fine in Dragon Age 2. I'm not seeing much in the way of a performance improvement though, not that I expected one given that it's a minor update from v267.59 going by the version number, but at the same time I haven't lost anything.

I did have the mouse input bug though but since I move around by right-clicking and using the cursor keys I haven't noticed whether this driver reduces or fixes it as Infinity7 00 suggests it does. To be honest I wouldn't even known about this bug had I not read about it and tried moving the camera with the cursor keys where, sure, enough I get severe lag. A weird bug really.

I noticed this driver contains a newer version of NVIDIA's HD audio over the previous v267.59 driver.

12. Dragstor

Dragstor Member

GPU:
    PoV GF 470 GTX
    DA2 runs very well with these, didn't notice any difference compared to 267.59.

Btw: .59 & .60 always set AA-Transparency to "off" after installing?! Setting AA-T manual to Multi or Super works, but ingame it still seems to be "off"...:3eyes:

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Anyone with SLI using these drivers and playing Crysis 2?

I have a really bad flickering problem with the 267.59 drivers that makes the game unplayable.

14. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nvidia has really dropped the ball vis a vis drivers IMHO. Over 2 months without a WHQL driver and all these different drivers from different 'branches' of the dev team are not confidence inspiring.

What's more annoying is that we are waiting because of the 590, a niche card that shouldn't be affecting Nvidia's ability to release drivers for the cards we have already paid money for.

15. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Why does a WHQL actually matter? Beta's generally work just as well which is why everyone here seems to test them.

As for the branches, If you've ever worked in any kind of software development you'll understand branches are a way of life for implementing different fixes and features. They all get brought together in the end once they are all working and working together and ManuelG has posted on the Nvidia forums that this is what'll happen for the next big release. Id rather they drip fed betas and leaked released than wait for longer to see any driver.

I will agree with you on the 590 thing though, would be better for all people to be testing the drivers before the launch and happy with the fixes and features then just do what they usually do and release a newer version with 590 support at launch.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    There will be a new WHQL driver for the GTX 590 tomorrow and seeing as NVIDIA only code unified drivers anyway we'll at least be able to try those with a modded INF while we wait for the next WHQL release which is slated for early April. Apparently it had been "put back a couple of weeks", a phrase from ManuelG that sadly seems to crop up a lot on the GeForce.com forums.

Beta drivers in my experience are usually as good as any WHQL one anyway. I don't think the certification actually means much these days.

17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Agreed, but I object to waiting due to the release of the 590, it shouldn't be dictating the driver release schedule for other cards.

PS: I should clarify that I am fine with betas as well but as an example, Crysis 2 still has that annoying flickering that was present in the demo. I couldn't care less about the 590's imminent release, the flickering has been a problem since the Crysis demo (weeks old).

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Oh, I agree with you, ethne.

NVIDIA have been releasing a few new models of late and that has meant they've been neglecting the older cards for the sake of having an exclusive WHQL driver for those new cards. While I'm happy to use betas, even ones that require modded INFs, I can imagine it must be frustrating for those people who prefer to use official drivers or are still waiting for long-standing issues to be fixed.

NVIDIA seem to have way too many different driver branches on the go at once such that issues that were seemingly fixed in one driver appear to be broken in a latter one, something I came across with forced DX10 ambient occlusion while testing the v267.xx drivers for example. It's makes trying the drivers confusing as you never know whether they're actually newer or not as the version number and date mean little when they are umpteen different branches on the go!

19. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    There is no Crysis 2 profile in these drivers and neither the Nvidia or EVGA SLI profile update seems to add it. The profiles were added successfully with 267.59.

I should add that Crysis 2 seems to work ok regardless.

20. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    The 266.77s released by EVGA were for the 590. They released them early and by mistake. That's why they are not available at EVGA any longer. You can get them from Guru downloads. I have them with my two 580s. So far,great!