Giant Spiral over Norway

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Makalu, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?

2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
  3. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI
    Ok that short possible explanation makes some sense!

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I'm sure you could google that for us.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i know ye gonna love this. :D

[​IMG]

6. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6950 Unlocked 900/1250
    Launched from my favourite class of Submarine, the Typhoon :D

7. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Ok, i have my flame suite on so have at it...........................

if everyone says that this has happened before and you all provide links ....................

why the hell hasn't this been seen before and now all of a sudden every expert in the world have no explanation for this???

and the china video doesn't show the blue spiral stream???????????

This is not normal and is in NO way a rocket........or missile.............

I am waiting for ICE to chime in her two cents on this...............

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    John just farted
    lol

9. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's what experts do, they solve problems. It's sort of like their job or something :p

edit: misread, and yes they do have explanations.

When light passes through a prism it refracts into a beautiful array of colors giving us things like rainbows etc. This is because when light passes through an object it refracts (it can also reflect). Each wavelength of light refracts &/or reflects at a slightly different angle allowing us to see different colored light instead of white light. Not the word "angle" here, this means the light actually changes paths. If people in china didn't see the blue light it could simply be that they were not in the optical path.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  10. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    We all know what really happened, John overclocked his computer too much and it caused a black hole.

12. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    we've all seen rockets spinning outta control. This spiral thing was to perfect and clean to be a man made missile failure...and it still doesnt explain that strange blue beam.

If it was a spiral the gases etc would eventually mould into a big cloud..it wouldnt suddenly disappear or spiral down on itself as it appears to do.

Its all rather intresting.

13. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    [​IMG]

I think we all need to give thanks to Gordon Freeman.

14. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Thanks, Kalied! Great find there!

Although I would have preferred a picture perfect 3D simulation, that will do. Whiny, but in the sim, the blue trial appears uniform with the spiral, and it also appears inside/behind the spiral. But it's a quickly mashed up sim, so who's complaining?

The China video phenomenon appears to be gaseous in nature, like you would expect a missile failure to be, but does not appear to be as uniform as the Norway spiral, which brings me to my point.

The spiral is fuel being ejected in a low atmosphere environment. An object in motion will remain in motion. Unless there is resistance, that would be the upper atmosphere. When the spiral of fuel falls onto the upper atmosphere, it woud collide with gasses of different consistency and temperature, and basically fall on top of it and spread out.
    Then as the missile continues to fall through the atmosphere, the greater air resistance would cause the spiral to appear much tighter. Also, mild air currents would cause the spiraling fuel to be skewed in some way.

All of this happening on a very still, cold morning, at the top of the world.

I hope that makes sense.

Laykun found the exact copy of the phenomenon! LOL

15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    We were just talking about this in a Ventrilo chat I host and I'm sorry, but if you really believe "the story" that it is a missile, I have a bridge to sell you.

Is it possible to have a missile make a spiraling contrail? Yes. Is it possible that ionization can cause it to be blue? Yes.

Consider this. Watch this video (full video and additional pictures) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pesqQpi6KC0

And this video. http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=EMPnokYQTT8

The first is from Norway, the 2nd is from Russia in 2007. Let me ask these questions. Now how often does the same exact effect occur like this? How often does the military test this type of thing not only over foreign government airspace, but over populated areas with video cameras. Russia has millions of square miles in Siberia with little to no people where these kinds of tests can be conducted. Much less cause an international incident of a missile being launched into foreign airspace.

Also, how often do missiles look like that, with a perfect absolute spiral, then create a giant black hole darker than the black of night.

Now look at this picture.
    [​IMG]

This was flying straight and even with the land/sea and was not a missile launched into the air (no contrail from land or sea).

I am not saying it is an alien space craft, black hole, worm hole, or anything else. I am saying you are being lied to that it is a missile. It is clearly not a missile.

Edit* I may add, when was the last time there was a rocket flying overhead (in either video) that was completely silent and made no sound at all. Nor reports of any sounds. No explosions, no nothing.

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    At a high enough altitude an out of control missile will look very differnt from those that spiral out of control in the lower atmosphere.

Pressure, temperature, wind speed (if any wind, if this was a ICBM sized missile it could have lost control in low orbit). Altitude can explain the symmetry of the cloud as well as the diffraction / refraction.

17. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    That's not very open-minded, Stukov. :p

If the rocket failed, it may have been off course, so that would explain it being where it shouldn't be. The gases would also form a perfect spiral in a zero resistance environment. But as the missile travels from one environment to the next (zero atmosphere to full atmosphere), it's pattern would appear to change. As for the contrail, these are emitted by solid fuel short range missiles. The tested missile was a ICBM, so would have been in orbit, and requiring no additional thrust. And I'm pretty sure in tests, and in war, they pack extra fuel to change direction mid-flight, like in an emergency or change of target.

But, I am glad there is someone else crazy enough to hope this world isn't as boring as it appears to be. Would have been cool to be like a tractor beam, a Vacuum Imploder (RA3), or a wormhole. Heck, just something *new* for once. :nerd:

18. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    That is not low orbit. Looking at different camera angles it was most definitely not low orbit.

19. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    What are you using as a reference? Was there a similar sized object at a known altitude in the picture? Looking at a two dimensional picture, with no reference to size, you would never know how big an object was unless you physically measured it.

20. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    So two rockets veering off course off course thousands of miles producing the same nearly implausible effects? And the look at the picture where it has flown straight at low altitude for as far as you can see, and some how I am to believe that a rocket can make PERFECT spirals the whooooole time?

Ever see rockets spiral out of control, they don't make perfect spirals for far as the eye can see, end in a black hole, and make no noise. Also, they don't produce light from the rings, all light is produced from the ignited engine burning at the rear, which this one did not.

I am skeptic, I am skeptical of it being a missile like they claim. Come on now, think critically.