Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    We play without markers (spotted enemies & waypoints) and without the minimap.

I caught myself constantly using the spotting tactics and just shooting at the red markers through walls all the time. Sometimes i just ran through a base just going by the minimap and it's ****in boring!

This game is best played like the old shooters: hardest difficulty, no minimap (someone can look at the map while you're driving/flying) and no enemy markers whatsoever. If you do this, you tend to wait longer in cover and pay far more attention to sounds of footsteps.

The game will be 300% more fun!

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    There's a definitely a learning curve to the vehicle controls. It took me a few hours to learn how to fly a helicopter in a straight line. Cars are even worse.

3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Flying helicopters are easier than driving cars at times.

4. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I enjoyed the game. It was a bit repetitive, but didn't mind so much.

It looks fantastic, and runs really smooth on my rig.

Now...the expansion is supposed to be available today. But I haven't seen it materialize yet. :)

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Expansion has zero coop in it from what I understand? Well I'm not going to buy it if I can't play through it with my wife :(

6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I think you can play the expansion coop, there are just no AI teammates (I think, I might be wrong)

Regardless, the DLC is w4nk of the highest order. It feels rushed and must be accessed separately, it also forces you to roll a new toon, resets many skills and offers no new weapons (just reskins).

I hope the other DLC is far better than this slapdash crap :mad:

7. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Yeah. Not real happy with the season pass so far. I played about 15 minutes of the expansion and haven't touched it since. I do wish that you could use the monster truck in the base game with friends, but of course you can't. That alone would make it worth it for me. Monster truck with nitro and all 4 ghosts cruising across the base game map...

8. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Does the dlc come free for those who bought the Deluxe edition?

9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No, it is part of the season pass that is separate (or it can be purchased as a single DLC).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Latest update completely messed up the game for my wife and I, hud settings were all changed, helicopter I was flying suddenly shoots straight up in the air about 1km and I can't get it down, wife is tagging stuff and it's showing me as earning the supplies, enemies not visible on mini map, loads of weird stuff! Not sure if it's an issue because we downloaded the update on my wife's PC and then transferred the files to my PC rather than downloading it again, surely that wouldn't mess it up right?

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I haven't played since the patch, which I think was released this morning? But I can check when I get home. I doubt the problems you're experiencing are related to transferring the file though - if it was corrupt the installer would fail and/or the game wouldn't run. It shouldn't cause weird issues in the game.

Sounds like it's just a bugged Ubisoft patch, which is pretty common.

12. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Narco Road is getting horrible reviews. Making me think twice about getting it.

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Apparently the new update changed a bunch of HUD settings including more stuff which can be turned on and off hence it reset the HUD options completely, unfortunately it added a new bug where the enemy detection icon is constantly on whether you turn off all HUD options or not, it's really huge and distracting and not something I'd ever used before, until it's fixed the game is unplayable :(

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1646218-PC-ONLY-Title-Update-3-5-now-available-Patch-Notes

15. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does anyone know why this game's performance is so abysmal on a GTX 1080 Ti, one that is running at 2 GHz on the core and 12 GHz on the VRAM no less? It the benchmark the game averages around 52 fps with a max. of 60 fps. In-game it usually runs between 45 and 50 fps on average, not impressive at all. To make things worst the game feels juddery/laggy and turning the camera looks jerky.

I've just upgraded from a GTX 1080 to a GTX 1080 Ti and almost every other game shows a noticeable improvement in overall framerates and general feel. Games that ran at 52 fps before now manage a locked 60 fps and I've been able to run some at 4K @ 2560x1440 or with SSAA enabled. However, this game continues to dumbfound me as to why it struggles to run above 60 fps maxed out. It's certainly not a great looking game IMO, not like, say, The Division (which also runs better) and even cranked up the max there's still noticeable shadow and foliage/tree draw in as you drive around or, especially, fly around.

Is the game just simply unoptimised or what? :3eyes:

I mean I can lower some settings to get 60 fps but why should I when it means having a worst looking game that already looks merely good to start with. While not quite the travesty in terms of performance that, say, ARK: Survival Evolved is, this game is nevertheless disappointing in that regard. :(

17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Even at 1080P, one card was barely enough (still had to turn a few things off on my HTPC to get reasonably smooth FPS).

For WQUHD, 1 card was barely managing 30 FPS with max detail, 2 cards just about holds 60 FPS.

It's a very demanding game, lots of AI routines running, long view distances etc.

PS: I know you are not an SLI fan (neither am I tbh but needs must etc), but this game really benefits from it at higher resolutions, unlike Watchdogs 2 which I think scales at about 10% best case.

18. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3090 X3
    This worked for me to remove the juddery/laggy vsync
    Run Nvidia Inspector
    Follow these steps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZKvxAts3Bs
    Run game - Window Mode: Borderless - Frame Limit: Off stutter should be gone.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    We had that too.

The way we fixed it was - the pilot jumps out, your copilot switches seats and lands the chopper. Solved. ;)

20. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Still waiting for them to undo the new bugs added with 3.5 such as enemy detection showing in the HUD even with everything disabled, really annoying and haven't played since that update came out.