Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Got this free when i bought my new card and to be honest i'm a little underwhelmed, to me it looks like a decent console game rather than something that pushed cutting edge graphics. Also didn't realise it was 3rd person but hey it was free.
    Any tips on setting to make it look a little more real and less console?

2. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  3. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    still getting Afterburner OSD flickering and now random minimizing of the game on startup. Not a crash just runs minimized. I maximize the window and it minimizes again. PC restart helps

Any ideas oh great members?

Edit
    have not played coop yet

4. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    When the enemy detects me is usually because one of my companions are not hiding. It's the exact opposite of what happens to you

5. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    You can put the scaling to maximum and obviously all on ultra if your pc can sustain it. The graphics of the far environment is amazing but the near details are not so cool, but it is how anvil engine works. You can also try to mess with reshade, to have a clearer image (clarity and advance sharpening will do the work). But there are also other shaders that can make the game nicer, like the ambientlighting and hdr, and tonemap to tweak the colors at your taste

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Cannot be, absolutely not. So we are playing two different games then!?

The game cant be designed like you said it is. Cos ai is dumb in pathfinding and every time an opponent would see an ai mate of you, you would have been detected and failed missions, etc.

So, no, not the case.

7. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I'm behind a rock, no helicopters around, only my companions get spotted. Or.. there is a bug tha tenemy can spot me behind a rock from far, one of the 2 possibilities is for sure.

8. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    can't is not the right word though, they game should be like i said to be realistic.
    But i guess ghosts are ghosts...

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    There is an easy way to just test this!

Go in a town with enemies for instance, sent ai to a spot where enemies are, and you will see, they can move along them and nothing happens.

It was for sure a gamedesign decission cos otherwise the possibility of failing due bad pathfinding etc. is so high the game would be unfair to you, cos YOU did nothing wrong.

Also likely too much work to design it that way but ofc it would be better and way more realistic.

its just looking so ridiculous you beeing in cover and ai is going along a street where enemies are also going nearby (what i said; they can shake hands).

(For me its most of the time when im "behind enemy lines" just to pick something up or am trying to do stealthy with no kills - where are about 15 enemies around me and your ai mates move with you within a 20m radius.)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This or For Honor? Thinking about the current nVidia promotion.
    MSI even gives the Wildlands Season Pass for free when purchasing a card.

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    That depends on which game style you like more. I chose For honor when I got my EVGA GTX 1070 8gb and don't regret choosing For Honor.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Agreed, your AI teammates do not give up your position, as you say, the game would not work as intended if they did.

13. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    They always get spotted when I play and they do something stupid while moving from point to point, but the enemy is generally clueless where I'm hiding unless my teammates are right next to me.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    My AI teammates ABSOLUTELY get spotted by enemies. It was pissing me off early on. I understand they can also walk side by side with the enemies too. This game just makes no sense in the AI "rules" department.

To be honest, I only really enjoy GRW when playing coop and even that was fairly short-lived. There's too many bugs, the enemy AI is just brain-dead at times and the missions are extremely repetitive. Even the main missions lack all that much diversity. Then the stealth in this game is pretty laughable. Metal Gear did this in an open world SOOO much better already.

I hate making bad game purchasing decisions because I've usually bought 3 or 4 copies. (to play with family)

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    For Honor is probably a deeper game if you think mechanics but also more difficult to master.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I chose Ghost Recon, played it for 30 minutes, didn't like it, uninstalled it.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I realize why this doesn't happen to me and it's because I never tell the AI what to do. As long as you don't give them orders, they don't get detected. I guess the dev logic is that as long as you are not involved in directing them, they remain undetected.

I basically play as if they are not there and I actually wish there was a way to switch them off completely when I am playing SP because they are utterly useless and/or disruptive.

The team AI is just an MP placeholder and not a good one at that ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  18. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    This game needs a save button,,,

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Playing it coop with my wife over our home network and she keeps getting disconnected from the network whilst it never happens for me, anyone know of any solutions please?

20. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I don't have his problem playing at home with my step son.

We used to have problems in the past both connecting to the same game clients (steam,uplay,origin) but not for a long time now.
    At the time we used a program called 'Smart portforwarding' on his PC and used it to forward the main port that the game client used. Worked a treat.

However since changing from a Netgear to an ASUS router a year or so ago we have never had any problems and never needed to use Smart Port Forwarding program.

I do have port forwarding rules set up for Uplay/Wildlands on my current router (got the list of ports from Portforward.com) to my PC, none for his however.
    Don't know if this does anything or not allowing both to connect but it did change my NAT to open.

If I were you I would
    1) set up port forwarding on your router for your PC (port list on port forward.com)
    2) You log into Uplay first, wife 2nd and she always joins your games.

If this doesn't work
    3) Use Smart port forward program to re route the main port the UPlay uses on your wife's pc only.
    (Google how to use it)
    Then follow steps from 2 above