Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    No Uplay region lock on the Steam version so once the game is installed Steam can be left offline which is handy. Shame there's no way to remove the Steam requirement at all, tried -uplay_steam_mode but that doesn't work :(

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Oh boy, to buy or not to buy :3 This beta was trully fun... :3

3. Deragot

Deragot Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 Zotac
    The beta was fun, and I think the game is worth it, but the timing of release is truly unfortunate. With Horizon still fresh and Mass Effect on the horizon (I know, bad try) I just don't see where I could fit the time for such a big map. Not to mention my backlog is horrible (FFXV and Dishonoured 2 are in there). I think I might buy it during the summer draught.

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Downloading now. I can not wait to walk hours in the nature and watching animals end hear the birds. Or lying hours with my sniper rifle on 300 meters of a enemy base giving orders to my team.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Noooooo, mail man just went by, and the game wasn't with it ffs....

Seriously hope it comes with the delivery van, that tends to happen sometimes as well.

6. OrientalHero

OrientalHero New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    Actually, when you team up with a human player, there are no more AI players. So if you only team up with 1 human player, there's only 1 person to get your ass off the ground with that adrenaline pen.
    And what's the stop you telling the AI squad to sit tight and hold position and then just wander off by your lonesome?

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Best part of the game for me, the whole managing AI thingy is tedious so I have no interest in playing it SP.

8. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Gonna pick this one up I think, not really been gaming much recently but think I could get into this.

Is it worth getting it on Stream or Uplay? Is there any advantage of one over the over for this game.

I've had Ubisoft games in the past and you have to launch Steam, the Uplay to play.... seems abit pointless. Why not just buy it on uPlay store ?

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    If you want to use some "shenanigans" to get a cheap key for example from India it's better to do it via Steam than via Uplay as the Uplay version will be region locked meaning you need "shenanigans" within Uplay to play the game, if you get the Steam version once it's all installed/activated and then installed on Uplay as well, you can set Steam offline and no longer need the "shenanigans" to launch/play as Uplay doesn't care what your location is as long as Steam is happy with your version.

10. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    Any word on the Update nvidia driver ? for GRWL

11. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Companies love to downgrade graphics. I'm pretty much done with open world games anyway. Takes forever to finish and you rarely revisit it.

12. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Does turf effects only work on certain grass? So far I've seen it bend when moving through but it doesn't get matted down.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    It adds some clumps here and there going by the GeForce.com example, interwoven with the regular grass far as I can tell.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...t-recon-wildlands-pc-nvidia-gameworks-effects
    http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...nhanced-grass-interactive-comparison-001.html
    (Not a huge difference but not a huge performance difference either from what I read on NeoGaf on how the game ran.)
    (Ultra quality compared to high though now there's a performance difference even if some grass tufts aren't going to impact overall framerate much on their own.)

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    you guys are tearing me apart, i'm on the verge of losing 60$ with all your crap!

15. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Pretty much decided this will be my first game purchase for a long time.

However just saw that it will be included in the sale of GTX 1080 Ti's from the 10th March.......... so will grab one of those :))

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Now, that's really interesting stuff right there... My 980-Ti wants to learn how to fly from my window :nerd:

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Dont know about GP104 chips out there but for Maxwell ones it has a big fps impact. personal exp..

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Anyone here that plays it on the base PS4? i haven't tested the new patch, i ran the game without it.

If so, does the aiming feel more responsive now?

19. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Where was this? I've got a 1080 Ti pre-ordered from NVIDIA, but there wasn't any game included at the time. I'd cancel and order elsewhere if it included a free game. :nerd:

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Yea seems like a better deal hehe.