Ghost Recon Wildlands Day One Patch Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft Paris' open-world tactical shooter Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands released onto PS4, Xbox One, and PC. And accompanying it is a day one patch that fixes many things. Most of the changes ...

Ghost Recon Wildlands Day One Patch Detailed

2. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Awesome good to see the guys turn around a patch so quickly and one that addresses so many areas.

Personally I had no problems with the game on launch day yet(PC version) and I am a massive fan of it, it looks amazing on Ultra.

Really Ghost Recon Wildlands is the Zelda(the new one that owns) of third person open world shooters, to me its that epic I really love it. The draw distance, and amount of advanced graphical effects is crazy not to mention the gameplay is solid, good and cool. Also I love the gear upgrades and skill trees, nice to have your healthy helping of RPG mechanics.

3. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    The graphics is good as long y9ou look far, try to look close, and for ultra to be honest is not good at all. The terrain textures are really crap, and also the buildings textures.

4. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    So, when does this patch go live? I have insane shimmer on grass & surrounding scenery with very high/Ultra settings... I know this is probably an AMD issue with aliasing etc but I can hope :p

We are told about a 2.8gb patch & given its size, it obviously fixes or alters a fair bit of content in the game, we are not however informed of when said patch will go live... Any info there?

Peace...

5. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Will see if uplay will download it today

6. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    I second the opinion. I played the beta and found it to be a total blast to play.

The graphics and sound and details are pretty amazing. Very impressive.

7. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    It's not an issue is an option called sharpening, lower it to have less shimmering

8. Monk

Monk New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Guys any ETA ?

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    no patch yet, maybe in the weekend?

11. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Really? So what game has better textures and effects than Ghost Recon Wildlands that is open world and the scale it is? Heck Gears 4 does not have better textures or effects(and its not open world), and Rise of the Tomb Raider which is incredible does not have way better textures and effects either.

I pretty much paly every game on the PC and I think it is easily int he top 5 best graphics on the PC. Also its easily = to Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs 2(and it has high rez texture pack dlc) graphics. Can't think of what game has better graphics? The tessellation and all the other effects are real nice they put a lot of effort in it. Maybe Far Cry primal with the HD texture pack I don't know.

The big thing is to look at the scale and all the mechanics that is included in the game its pretty incredible what they accomplished, just like Watch Dogs 2.

All well its Ubisoft and I expect most people to hate on them or have some sort of beef. One thing is for sure their PC ports have been incredible lately and I appreciate it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  12. Zhyr

Zhyr Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 SLI
    People seem to have this strange idea that new games should significantly improve quality while keeping performance the same.

Though how much they can continue to improve graphics quality is starting to become questionable.

13. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Snowdrop engine is better in deatailing stuff in immediate nearings, so here is the answer...The Division...While you play you don't look far away, only when you are not in action, so detailing the far distance, while keeping the rest on fairly good standard? REALLY? you really need this unnecessary fps killer? The materials are not renedered properly by this engine, often in low resolution. And i'm not the only one that noticed it...

14. Zhyr

Zhyr Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 SLI
    I think what you're getting at is that the immersion(ie graphical quality) of being able to see a fair distance is bad because it increases performance.

A higher graphics settings increases the amount of resources a computer needs to process to be able to display it.

Higher quality models have higher polygon counts which means more computations, which means performance hit.

Higher quality textures increases memory usage which means longer load times and more HDD/SDD access.

When the system requirements are greater than the previous generation of games, people cry bad port/optimisations, when usually all it is, is that the game is more complex than what the games that came out 1-5 years earlier were.