Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    As the above said, don't patch it at all if your just going to do SP as 1.1 has a massive performance hit with some texture/shadow issues aswell. 1.0 runs great, but if you have the 24hz issue just make a custom resolution to sort it out (i have 1904x1071 for 1080p).

With 1.0 on the 1st mission i get a solidish 60fps, with 1.1 i get between 20 and 30fps with shadow issues all over the walls and very grainly/blurry textures all over the place (not much better with 1.2).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    My copy from simplygames just arrived. Installing now.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    After all my complaining I just couldn't avoid this title. I've been a GR fan since first release and I just had to have the new one..... DAMN YOU UBISOFT.

Installing now, complaints to follow lol

4. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Lost interest in the game, just like i did for Spec Ops.
    Read some reviews, watched tons of gameplay and... no... meh.

For me, both are mediocre.
    A few years back this wouldn't have bothered me... now i just don't feel like wasting my time with 2nd class stuff.

5. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I wonder when we will get the update to make the game look like it is in the pic - it does looks good maxed out (in most places, in some places it looks terrible), but it's not as good as that pic IMO.

6. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just a quick update guys.

Played the game for 10 minutes earlier and the game auto patched anyway via ubisofts own update service and I'm happy to say the game works flawlessly. Performance is terrific with all bells and whistles enabled so I'm quite surprised really. Looks like it could be a lot of fun too. Using a gamepad btw so no idea about the mouse and WASD problems some seem to be suffering.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agree, it's gears of war with the GR logo slapped on just like the next splinter cell. Remember when devs use to target a specific audience and not just cater to the masses.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well the game started patching after I installed it so I cancelled it and it loaded to the title screen. It allowed me to change the graphics options (Jeez, does it look fugly at 720p) but it crashed upon starting the Campaign so I've no choice but to patch it to v1.2. Hopefully I'm as lucky as Stone Gargoyle...

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Game only patched to v1.1 so maybe UbiSoft have withdrawn v1.2? Whatever, it certainly fixed the crashes but this game is still very broken unfortunately, at least on my system it is. I cannot navigate the menus with the cursor keys or Xbox 360 controller (well, actually I can with the latter but only sometimes), the graphics look like they've been upscaled from 1280x720 or some other low resolution and, worst of all, I can't move the bloody soldier when the game starts with either the keyboard WSAD keys or the Xbox 360 controller. The latter is working because certain buttons work such as A makes the soldier run forwards! As such the game is unplayable. As if that wasn't bad enough, every time I return to the main menu I'm asked to enter my name again.

Bloody UbiSoft and their buggy crapware... I should have known better than to buy this game...

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is there a config file we can play with or are the inner workings of this Ubi title guarded by the souls of dead N**i soldiers.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Exited game and re-ran it. Was prompted to download and install another v1.2 patch which fixed diddly-squat. Game still asks me to enter my name EVERY BLOODY TIME I GO TO THE MAIN MENU and I still CANNOT MOVE THE SOLDIER with either the keyboard or wired Xbox 360 controller!!! Also the graphics still look like they're rendered at Wii resolution and upscaled, not to mention the main menu and sub-menus feature very ugly, low-res fonts that only switch to looking crisp on the loading screens. Did UbiSoft say this wasn't a console port because it sure as hell looks like one?

Did they even test this game before they shipped it? I mean graphical issues I can understand but for a game to not even accept keyboard or controller commands properly borders on gross incompetence IMO. In the hundreds and hundreds of games I've played over the years on dozens of formats this is the first time I've ever come across that. Hell, even the dispicable Rise of the Robots on the Amiga accepted joystick controls! ;)

12. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    If you want to play it now just reinstall the game and refuse the updates (both of them), sure you won't be able to play the MP (why would you want to with the current issues :D) but at least you should be able to play the SP.

On 1.0 the resolution and graphics look fine (not upscaled), on 1.0 the only big issue (i had) is the 24hz issue (some resolutions force 24hz) - but this can be fixed with a custom resolution.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  13. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    no sli feature in this game... sad.. and IS power hungry.. / fps maxout at 1920*1080

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    v1.0 unfortunately crashes the game when I start the campaign so that isn't an option alas. Besides I can't even move anyway even if I could enter the campaign (I know because the controller doesn't work on the menus either)!

I hear an odd thunk sound when I load this game up and then the ping of D3DOverrider to notify me that triple buffering is working. The thunk is the sound you get when you remove a USB device which is odd because nothing is being removed at that time.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Firstly i don't own this game so I'm just offering suggestions K.:)

Have you tried running without D3D - Stalker CS wont load up for me if D3D is running.

Maybe un/reinstall your Xbox controller drivers as well as K/B drivers.

Maybe unplug one or the other (k/b, cntrlr) depending on what your going to use for playing the game.

/nvm

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012

16. k-1

k-1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI SC
    create a new profile with afr2 and sli will work.

17. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  18. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Works on my 470 SLI. actually makes the game a lot smoother than on a single card. didnt check the FPS

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Got the game unlocked and tested it a bit, 1.0 worked fine as did 1.1 and 1.2 but I've heard about the resolution problems and the other issues about controls being non-responsive.

No idea what triggers those behaviors though but the game works well enough here, good framerate too although I disabled bloom as a personal preference and FXAA as I rely on SMAA instead.

Config file didn't help much either as it's just the in-game settings in a .cfg file in text so it's of no use for more advanced tweaking but I did a better comparison and adjustment of the 1.1 and 1.2 shader data and changes finally, mostly 1.2 provides optimizations and combines various passes and techniques but in a few files it goes further and removes instructions and lowers certain values, in displacement.shader for example tessellation samples were lowered from 30 down to 10 and in a few lighting files there were a number of simplifications, I can't access two DX11 caches or what they are since they're packed but that file saw a number of changes I don't really know about, began at ~3MB then ~4MB with 1.1 and finally 14MB with 1.2 for some reason.

As for game play it's a third person squad game but you're not in that much control initially although the first two levels were mostly like tutorials and later on it got a bit better and more interesting, might be a good game but it's a bit simplified for those whom played GRAW on PC or the earlier installments. :)

Then again I'm pretty lenient and accepting of stuff and no doubt there will be people whom are really disappointed by the game and what Ubisoft has done.

Not much else to say at the moment, I did back up the 1.1 shader data via http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/40001665/file.html which also includes the 1.2 files although I didn't do much of a comparison, game looks fine to me this way and 1.2 had some smaller visual artifacts going on what little I tried of it before I did this comparison and altered the files but it'll probably be fixed with 1.3 since there's a few other bugs to solve that Ubisoft knows about and are trying to resolve.

20. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    So i had this game on pre order, but canceled it because of 3 BIG reasons. First without a patch my game crashes when loading it does the same with 1.1 also. Second with patch 1.2 the game finally loads BUT i get 20fps..what!!!..and third my wasd and mouse doesn't work, and neither is my xbox360 controller..wtf!! Thank God i tested this pile of crap. Gonna wait if they fix all of this issues maybe i'll get it. Unbelievable.