Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 9, 2010.

1. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    it worked :infinity:

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah its my fav combo (think i might play some point blank in mame...anywho) during a game of CODMw2...stupid game, Just wished it would work when a member of the opposite sex started to complain, talk, vote(jks) whtever, ALT+F4 - then BAM! quit back to naked.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    For those still intrested....maybe ill be able to play this game actually afhter 2 months or so .....

Ghost Recon PC players,

Ubisoft and its development studios are excited to see the passion of the Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC community and want to honor the dedication and loyalty of the community by working with you, the players, to improve the game experience.

While a majority of players have enjoyed their experience with Ghost Recon Future Soldier on PC, we are conscious that many of you have encountered issues with the game. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

With the help of your feedback, we have identified several issues and are working hard to address them as rapidly as possible.

Title Update 1.4

The next Title Update will be available on August 13th and features the following:
    Compatibility, performance, stability, graphics improvements and more - taking your feedback directly into account;
    Improved FPS on all configurations;
    Fixes for several stability issues during map loading;
    God-Rays no longer disappear;
    Fixed some localization issues;
    Fixed some issues causing the display of hint icons from X360 controller when disconnected.

We greatly appreciate your patience and we want to reassure you that we will do whatever it takes to resolve further issues in as efficient a manner as possible.

Exclusive content

Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC players will benefit from free exclusive content:
    2 exclusive developer weapon skins will be added to the game with the 1.4 Title Update;
    In about one month, a second Title Update will be released with further improvements. This Title Update will also feature additional free bonus content including:
    A special hardcore mode for the campaign;
    Night variants of two adversarial maps;
    The full original soundtrack of the game along with new desktop wallpapers and artwork will be delivered in the next few days through the Uplay client and will be available until August 13th: get ready to grab it while it lasts!

We would also like to take the opportunity to confirm that support for Windows XP is in progress, with the exact release date to be announced soon.

Again, we wish to thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Our community is our top priority and we want to do everything we can to provide you with the level of service you deserve.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wow an apology from Ubi and free content. Beats what Rocksteady did with lame support for Batman AC, Ubi might get my money if they can deliver.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Nice, though for both of those updates that means about one and a half to two months of waiting before they're both available and the game is up to date (And probably won't get any further updates from that I guess, we'll see.) though it's not too bad, at least they're doing something. :)

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well its great they put their hands up and admitted their mistake, also nice that are throwing in some free content as a way to say sorry.

Saying that, i probably still won't buy this until both updates are available.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Still too late for me though as I've been waiting over FOUR weeks already to play this game. I can move at last, thanks to the v1.3 update but the graphics look like upscaled crap so I've decided not to play it in the hope that the next v1.4 update would fix the resolution bug. To find out that this patch is still TWO weeks away is quite frankly insulting. Ubisoft are absolutely THE worst publisher IMO. Freebies will not change my opinion of them.

Ubisoft rushed out a half-broken game and, IMO, it should never have been released in the state it was. It should have been delayed a couple of months for more testing and released when it was finished. I don't buy games to beta test the bloody things!!! :bang:

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    This ^^^ 100%

10. Desi26

Desi26 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC
    +1 more here!

Im really going to cut back on the preorders, considering I have to wait weeks/months to be able to play the damn game. Waiting for 1.4 and hope I can actually play.....

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah and fair enough too.
    I learned my lesson after Batman AC not to get right in on release day. Unless user reviews mention that there are no performance issues then I won't touch it until it's cheap and patched or unless there's a community fix/.cfg/.ini tweaks that can fix it.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So 2moro this title update comes out right?

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I believe so but I'm past the point of caring about this game any more with Sleeping Dogs out later this week. I'll likely play the game for an hour post-v1.4 update and never play it again. Too little, too late IMO.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    As far as the update goes, Bloody good job Ubi. This is more than playable now, running smooth maxed out. (Havnt tried forcing AA through NvCpl/Inspec). It's not the Ghost Recon I remember but at least the game works. Awesome stuff. Also character models seem blurry but I think that might be an engine thing/software AA perhaps.

Give it a go Darren, tell us what you think.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just had a Driver stopped blah blah blah, but I fixed this earlier with a downclock on the core by about 100, I'll try diff drivers when I wake up later (Im awake now but I mean.....ah shut up).

Also FXAA looks good.

16. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    performance is much improved but the mouselag on max settings is unbearable

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Had to alter a few things after this patch, hbao shader had a definition to it which makes it run at half resolution (I kept backups of the files the patch modified.) which was easy to restore and the motion blur shader "only" had six samples instead of eight.

Otherwise the shader edits introduces some interesting things (compute lighting for example which might be compute shader based.) and other optimizations without sacrificing quality. :)

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Title update 1.4 seems to have been released early... downloading it now. It's only 72 MB. Wonder if the resolution is fixed... hmmmm... definitely NOT holding my breath.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Please do let us know :)

That low resolution upscaling is killing it for me too..

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well the resolution bug in-game has been fixed... I didn't realise the game's graphics actually looked that good... they're not outstanding a la Battlefield 3 but decent all the same bar some horribly console-esque low-res texturing.

Alas, the main menu still suffers from a bug which means it looks nice and sharp and native resolution-y when you first set the resolution but then reverts to looking all blurry and upscaled when you play the game exit back to the main menu. If you lower the resolution then set it back to the native one then everything looks sharp and crisp again. Honestly, these developers - Ubisoft Kiev must be utterly useless to mess up something as simple as the main menu resolution but they've managed it.

Still, the actual game looks fine - at least the Campaign does which is the only mode I've tried so far - so I should be thankful for small mercies. I've ONLY been waiting SIX WEEKS for this patch after all.

P.S. Checkpointing in this game is piss-poor. I quit half way through the first mission to exit back to the main menu to change the graphics settings (because you STILL cannot do so once you start the game) and when I resumed I was right back at the start of the first mission again. Not only that but the game suffers from some really strange performance dips, usually when moving between areas under sliding doors.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012