1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost of Tsushima

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 30, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    even those Adata SSD are to expensive IMO SSD need to be sub 100$ for 2 TB. Prices are still to high on them for 100$ we can get 4+ TB HDD.

It not about premium vs budget it about the price to gb ratio which is still 3x that the price of HDD. the been saying for years that SSD price is gona drop to HDD prices I and many others are still waiting for this.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Dude. It's just a game console. You won't need 2TB of storage. Don't know what kind of internet speed you got, but just 'clouding' a lot of your stuff via Sony will get you mostly what you want.

I got a 2TB HDD on my rig, but have SSD's in RAID-0 for my non-storage stuffs.

Games don't take that much space. They just don't. It's not like you are going to play 50 games one after the other is it? Most just uninstall one and install another, mostly (I think) is because internet speed is so high now, that DL'ing a 50-100 gig game takes a few minutes...certainly no longer than it does to order a pizza + beer.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    some one with game collection of 50+ games isnt fitting on 1TB let alone 2 and having to redownload them to after deleteing game to make space no mater the speed you have it not fun. which physical disc still are better and why SSD are still to expensive per gb.

It preference thing what you gonna do when those servers are gone and you cant "re downloaded" those games? and there isnt a HDD biggenough to store them all.

So no price to gb on ssd are still not were they should be

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    not all games really need SSD to shine. sounds kinda pointless to put every single game made on an SSD. Long loading games fine but every game? nah.

Loobyluggs likes this.

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    serbicu and Loobyluggs like this.
  6. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Tread carefully tho. They only really work on loooong games that you play over a long period of time as the speed comes exclusively from the relatively small cache.
    Also they tend to have a short life span. Personal experience plus 1 friend. We both bought 1 and both drives didnt make it past the 2year mark. For once i wish i'd listened to the warnings posted all over for that product and unreliability.