Gforce exp. Gpu Overclock

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BlackNova92, Sep 2, 2020.

1. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    I was simply wondering if anyone knows/heard about, when gf exp. gets updated with the new oc feature?
    Quite curious about this one.

2. Warkratos

Warkratos Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 6Gb
    GFEOC.jpeg

Screenshot from NVIDIA.

DannyD likes this.
  3. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
  4. PatrickJr

PatrickJr Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Probs around 17th? when the new cards come out.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    So i want to try this reflex in Destiny2, when will it be available? Or is it already implemented in new geforce experience?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Guess it's coming in the next version, says 3.20.5.15 in there with the current being 3.20.4.14 - https://uk.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/3.20.4.14/GeForce_Experience_v3.20.4.14.exe
    So unless you can opt into the beta/experimental directly and get this build you might have to wait until NVIDIA releases it as the next update or a newer version depending on what the next numbered release build will be.

EDIT: Looks like there's a beta too but it's the same version.
    https://uk.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/3.20.4.14/GeForce_Experience_Beta_v3.20.4.14.exe

Probably means you can't opt into this latest feature set just yet but it might grab it from elsewhere too so maybe.

-Tj- likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the latest version of gfe is 3.20.4.15 (hotfix)

8. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    all the new tech looks really good so far, i really hope it makes a difference in the end, without big downsides of course.

enkoo1 likes this.
  9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Would be really nice if gfe can change the fan speed on all three of my fans, currently only EVGA precision can. I very much dislike Precision. Gfe probably won't be able to but i can hope.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    You sure it doesn't have the be implemented on a per game basis or is this just going to a on/off switch like ULL mode?

11. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
  12. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Performance overlay would be a nice addition provided it gets good customization options.
    But can't say I'm sold on the overclock being stuffed into GFE app, especially if it's not going to work in all games and won't have a preset system on a per-game basis.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Why would overclocking not work with all games? Afaik, only freestyle is a white list only feature (also gfe's best feature).

14. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Anybody know if there’s any good reason not to use the GeForce Auto overclocker once it comes out? It sorta seems to good to be true (free extra perf for nothing). I would expect that it might introduce instability or reduce the life span of your GPU perhaps or not work too great maybe if your cooling wasn’t up to snuff (etc), but if it’s an official solution that’s totally automatic and coming from Nvidia then maybe I’m wrong there. I’m sorta scared to use it, but also don’t want to just leave free performance on the table lol.