GF100 Rocket Sled Demo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Dictator93, Jan 8, 2010.

1. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    After seeing this demo ( & an actual PhysX game) multiple times & now confirmed to be running on only 1 card. I'm more psyched then ever.

Nvidia has always been more then just your average graphics.

GPU's as far as Nvidia goes are now more versatile then ever. Cuda acceleration for programs allows me to encode videos to portable devices, improved HD movies, higher quality physics, 3d vision, surround gaming & DX11 all in one package.

Long live Nvidia :-D

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Who cares what that article says.

There are unfounded rumours all over the web.

Some say Fermi killed Jesus and others say that it cracked the secrets of cold fusion.

Until we actually see some official numbers or objective testing, I'd disregard what an "engineer whispered".

I'm not saying it won't be in the same ball park as the 5870 or faster or slower.

:war:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    It requires THREE GF100s for that?
    ...Graphics look cartoony (rather then realistic), it slows down a fair level when using wireframe and it also ... crashed at the end?

4. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    ^^ I thought it was using 1? pretty sure in the vid he said 1 was being used!?

5. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    IT IS only 1. Not everything is always about the "most realistic graphics" The demo utilizes everything that's currently available for developers. What more do you need?!?!....Geezzz

6. Era

Era Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680OC
    According to Sweclockers.com Nvidia held a closed press conference with selected journalists yesterday at CES. They're under NDA until Jan 17th so I guess we can expect to know more around that time.

I hope it'll be as good as expected but above all I wish it's not too big in size and run too hot. Computer cases are getting rediculous in size to make room for the ever growing components.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, size is an issue for me. If it's bigger than 8800GTX, then, I'm going to have to remove a hard-drive to fit the new card in.

8. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    do we have any credible performance numbers on fermi? No, so there's still not that much to be excited about. Even if that was a great demo, without any numbers or comparison, it does no good. The only thing it shows is that fermi does work, which should be obvious by now, and by their own admission, runs very hot.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Cooler Master Stacker ftw xD I can even change the position of the hdd bay.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    well for all the hype i thought they'd have gone for showing off raw GPU grunt rather than a non comparable( to ATI ) physx demo because i dont really see anything that a 120euro 260 + 50euro second hand 8800GT dedicated physx card couldnt do a setup ive had up until a few months ago.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Am I the only one that noticed that the camera and the tv they used created a vert blurry image. If you look closely when the camera and tv are actually in focus the demo looks pretty damn sweet visually and no way does it look like Flatout 1 lol thats just a complete joke. The physics, volumetric smoke, and textures were all extremely high. But I want to know how well ONE GF100 card can run that demo not THREE in SLI. No many people can afford one high end card let alone three of them.

EDIT: Ok it was running on 1 card then thats pretty decent. What I would like Nvidia to do to really push the PhysX market is include a seperate PhysX chip on the cards to process the PhysX calculations. Much like AMD and Intel are doing by integrating a CPU with GPU on the same chip.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  12. eddman

eddman Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6G SC
    I hope those heat and power consumption problems are only related to A2 revision. If A3 turns out to be the same then it would be a disaster, unless it manages to perform as good as 5970 which is highly unlikely.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Not much point in that when your shader cores can perform those calculations, thus making the extra shader cores also usefull for other tasks.

14. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Yo dawg, I herd u like GPUs, so I put a GPU in your GPU you so can game whiel you game :p

Would be ridiculous if nVidia did that. They bought Ageia so they could run PhysX on their graphics cards, now you want them to say 'OH. We have CPU on board for PhysX now'

15. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super

16. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    That's an evga thing. Only evga does it. Just like only evga has quad 285s

17. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    ^ Ok...EVGA, whatever.

The point is it's been done.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well that kinda makes sense considering the major issue with ageia and its piss poor performance was latency. That and the processor on the physx card had no where near the architecture performance that a gpu could pull.