Getting the old OSD fonts back?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Im_Special, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    So with the latest update to Afterburner, I'm unable to get the "classic" old fonts that were used in the past versions, anyone know how? I've tried all the ones listed but they all don't match the old.

EDIT: it seem i can get the old font using 2D Vector or 3D Vector, but not Raster 3D...

What's the difference here?

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    That's because the "classic font" is not actually a font, but vector graphics. If you've used it in the past, you've used either 2D or 3D vector setting.

3. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Oh darn, what font / size combo is closest to this then? I really miss it. https://i.imgur.com/r89PP4N.png

Also is there any benefit to staying on Raster 3D vs. Vector2D vs. Vector3D?

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You will get exactly this if you choose vector 2D/3D.

Raster3D allow you to use any kind of TrueType font for OSD rendering. No other benefits that I know of. Read the hint popup on this selector.

5. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Alright thanks for the info, what had me a little confused was that I took screenshots of my old settings before doing a clean uninstall/install of Afterburner, it was on Raster 3D prior to the uninstall according to my screenshots, but was using the Vector fonts too?... So when I did a clean install with a fresh config file, I had set everything back to how the screenshots showed ie. Raster 3D, but I couldn't figure out the old font part.

Either way thank, I'll stick to Vector3D for the meantime, also someone should make a MSI Afterburner custom font that resembles that one, it's a nice font IMO.