getting ready to fire up my new computer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by iceman320, Oct 10, 2006.

1. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GeForce 6600GT agp card
    ok guys I ordered the parts I need to finish my new gaming rig they should be here tommorrow and I can fire the thing up an dsee how it runs. here's what I have in my new system. 1.8 ghz core 2 duo processor, ecs mobo, gigabyte 7600gs pci express graphics card. 512 mb, of ram until I get paid next then upgrading to a gig of ram. so let me know what you guys think of this system will it play the games that are out today without a hitch. also if oyu guys could reccommend a lcd monitor to play games on and what size of lcd montior to get I would appriate it. thanks.

2. Blitzen

Blitzen Banned

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512mb
    Two things you really need to look at.

1. Even 1 gig of RAM isnt alot to play the most modern games. The load times for BF2 and Oblivion for example are much much longer with only 1 gig. Get 2 gig as soon as you can afford to.

2. The 7600GS wont let you play todays games with good settings im afraid. Things like BF2 will be ok but once again, games such as FEAR or OBLIVION will struggle if you turn up the settings to anywhere higher than medium.

Also, what PSU is running it?

All that said, Core 2 is DEFINITELY the way to go as it now leaves AMD for dead. Enjoy your new machine:thumbup:

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That Oblivion part is untrue, it use no where near 1 GB ram but BF2 really benefits for extra ram.

4. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    ok thanks for your opinions guys and as for BF2 I don't plan on ever playing it I will mostly be playing half life 2 and unrealtournament 2004 and maybe the call of duty series. and games like that.

5. iceman320

iceman320 Member Guru

GPU:
    got my sata hard drive today and I got it installed and my new rig up and running and I must say i'm very impressed this thing plays doom 3 and halo just as good if not better than my amd 64 system and I only have 512 mb of ram in my new rig right now and it runs better than my amd 64. I'm hooked goningto buy another stick of 512 when I get paing next and see how fast it runs then.

6. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    I play FEAR on all high detail no AA/AF with my 7600gs no probs, get about 35fps which is definitely playable. I've beat it twice now on extreme difficulty. :D Then again, its OC'd to the max but you should be able to do the same. However, with 1gb of memory the performance drops dramatically I would really recommend 2 gigs... and with Vista coming up your going to want it. Base Vista install with all the performance options enabled: 650mb mem usage. Add in your standard software that you use and that will be reaching 1gb....