Getting fed ,moving to another job

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Jun 24, 2015.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Time flies so fast.Back in january i was jobless and i was determined to find a job,any job.I was about to say yes even to pick fruits from the trees,if it payed my bills.
    Found a job as a technician,fixing computers smartphones and consoles.Everything went 90% as expected,but when my 3 months period finished i asked my employer for a fair raise and more work related benefits,as i was promised.
    But nothing good came out of it,i was treated coldly and with sullen words .I asked if it is my fault,or maybe i crossed some line.
    After a few days,i did some math,found some feedback and i presented numbers and facts and demanded a fair explanation.
    But no,no raise no better working schedule.Boss started to play "jokes" on me and my co worker and a witch hunt for the slightest error ,we got a lot of shaming and bad words.
    Well, everything went downhill when i changed a new battery for a Nexus 5 and that damn thing just broke in my h ands while i was positionong it into its craddle.Boss without any questions just cut the costs from my payckeck.
    I was outraged,because there is a insurance policy which covers just that,more i never never heard that any tech guy payed from his pocket for something broken during the manipulation.
    So i got fed up ,stood up,demanded my money back and explained calmy but firmly that they are in the wrong.
    Meanwhile,i was offered a job.A half time job for now,but sure it will become full time untill fall.
    So i am here waiting to start in the new place....and plan how to manage the outcome.
    Wish me luck,

Ps sorry for this ,but i didn't told a soul and here i can unburden myself.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I've been almost 5 years in the same job, even more fed up than you are of your job.

Same salary for the last 5 years in a row. No one interested to give me or anyone else a raise, tight company!

On top of a poor salary, the daily commute to work and back is around 3 hours on top of my 9 hour shift making it 12 hours per day...

I'm job hunting just as much as you are. It's a pain since it's difficult. You just have to keep looking and pushing for any opportunity you get.

Best of luck bro.

3. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Lol, 14 years in the same job, no raise.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I left my good paid job due to a mixture of boredom and health reasons. Took me over a year to recover. The fallout from this has been massive. Still looking for work, only able to find temporary work or zero hour contracts. Ended up moving back to my dads, which is like going back 10 years. Hope to get back on my feet soon.

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    12 years, same job, pay raised once 6 years ago.I'm depressed as fook with too many other things/plans to mention, just flowing with the go.

Best of luck to you anticupidon on your new job.Hoping you find fulfillment even if it's just to get by for now, hope it fulfills that and more.We all have our purpose in the natural order of things and we're never really alone. :)

6. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I will soon be looking for my first full time job, after I complete my studies. And you guys' comments scare me!

14 years in one job with no raise... 12 years of a depressing job! :(

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    i realize that are people outhere happy just to have a job.I was one of them and could be in the same situation again,nobody knows what future brings.

But we always want more.And i want to say to myself that i tried everything,i stood up to my beliefs and i did what it felt right at the moment.
    As i grew old,i realize that it is not always about the money.Mental sanity is important,maybe more than a fat paycheck.Atleast for me.
    I am waiting for my future employer to tell me if i was granted the job and when i i will have to start.Meanwhile at current job ,things are getting worse.
    Somehow i want to grab my boss by the neck and scream to his face that we are people also and we are investments,not costs.But i realize that it will change nothing and the outcome will be a stain on my labour behaviour.
    The only thing that keeps me sane is family and forum.
    Cheers!

8. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Can't wait to get out of London!

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It is that bad?

10. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    For a Northerner, yes.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    London / The South is not very friendly when you come from the North

Up here you can talk to anyone more or less, and that person will go out of their way to talk / help you

From my experience of the South, they ignore you and treat you like nothing if you try to start a conversation with a stranger, even if they see you are in trouble / need help

12. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This is the main point.

And the pollution (air and noise)

And the expense of living here

13. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Sorry I should specify.I love my job, it's the management and some other people in the organization I can't stand.People hating on you because you've excelled beyond their level and the only people who can't see it is management, because the haters stand between you and them.
    Anyway you may get a job where your boss actually acknowledges your credentials, skill, talent and dedication.That will be great.

14. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    In Argentina the situation isn't good either specially in the technology area. Here if you do not know someone in the company or as we call it here "Tener un gancho". There are many possibilities they don't hire you even if you have better skills than the preferred. Large companies don't do this but small/medium companies (majority) yes and most public charges are occuped by political agrupations like "La campora" ....
    I don't have a solid job since i left school (4yr). My mom is getting old and have some diseases and i don't have money to help him .... i'm really sick of this country and his corruption

15. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    oh damn I really hate that, its the same in dominicana, they don't care if you have a phd in physics you wont get hired unless someone refers you, some big companies will take you but the more they pay you the more they feel like they own you, I felt like I only lived to answer calls about someone's messing the network 24h a day on a local bank for half a year working as network admin, until they finally told me I either stay with them or keep my studies

16. badlifer

badlifer Member

GPU:
    r9 280msi 3gb
    Good luck!

17. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I'm leaving my job in London to go back to NZ, haven't sorted anything out yet, but the rat race in London just isn't worth it, and traffic is getting worse, in terms of volume and arseholes, and knowing my employer makes £60m profit from the account I work on, then cuts overtime and expects me to work extra hours for free is a bit cheeky.
    Tried for other jobs in the whole of the south west of UK, had one interview in 2 years, clearly I'm not good enough for England, so back to NZ it is.

18. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Small update.asked for my money back,which previously mu boss cut up from my paycheck.
    Got my money back after nagging a few days.But sickens me that i had to do it,and that it occurred in the first place.After my vacantion,i will give them my 15 days notice or in the worst/best case i will inform them that i will only be able to work half the time,the other half will be on another job,as i was promised.
    Will shut up until the last moment and until i will get my money and i will be sure that i signed the contract with the other employer.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Not all of us...and yeah I go out of my way to make anyone feel welcome no matter where they are from etc..

As long as they arent douchebags of course.

My experience you can get unfriendly northerners as well...works both ways.

20. aless83

aless83 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte r9 280x
    In Spain we're all ****ed