Getting dissatisfied with post release support of Crimson

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by holler, May 4, 2016.

1. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon VII
    Crimson needed to happen no doubt about it and it was a good first step in the right direction. However now that is been out for a almost half a year, it already feels stagnate. Anybody have the same feelings? Half baked interfaces like "additional settings..." with the old CCC interface, still lingering crossfire issues with certain games also leave a sour taste in my mouth. I wish AMD would give us a few more bread crumbs in regards to Crimson's future...

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    Honestly, I felt meh after a few releases due to the lack of 21:9 vsr.
    But after figuring out how to add 3360x1440 manually for DX10/11/12 games for downsampling I dont feel that way anymore.

Im actually happy with Crimson.
    Crossfire issues are not always AMDs fault.
    I had 290x crossfire before my fury X
    99% of the games I played, Xfire worked no issue.
    I rarely bought new games on launch day.

Only gripe is game detection is lack luster.
    I have to manually add every game.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Crimson, as far as the UI go, are for me awful.

The base driver doesn't seem to come with switchable graphics, additional settings sometimes doesn't work, and no ability to switch gpu in the crimson panel outside of a hidden link to additional settings.

Nah, i'll just stick with 15.7 or whatever, none of the benefits apply to me anymore

4. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    I agree the split functionality between new interface and what's left of CCC is pure software abomination/horror.
    Can't believe it's still in such state after 6 months, unexcusable for a company the size of AMD.
    As for the driver themselves, I still experience lingering annoyances, minor but persistent. Again and imho, unexcusable after so long.

Last edited: May 4, 2016

5. AATT

AATT Member Guru

GPU:
    ^^

pace up your game amd

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Big changes will come soon, June/July probably (on Crimson) so wait and if you dont like them.

Change to nvidia, simple as that.

7. edneyhelene

edneyhelene Member

GPU:
    R9 270x MSI OC Gaming 2gb
    YEs im waiting for some modder to do some good job since amd is too slow as always....

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    This is the third thread where you whine in general, without mentioning a specific problem.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    His specific problem is, that he spends 90% of his time with computer in 'Radeon Settings' or CCC. And now it is painful, right?

For rest of us, who need to go very rarely to settings, Driver is just fine and we can't care less about visual side of things in menu.
    All people need to know is, that AMD is still working on it.

10. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Honestly I'm just happy it's less bulky, I hardly use it enough to care about how bad the interface is. I'd much prefer they focus on the driver tbh but major bugs in Crimson obviously should be fixed.

11. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Hmm, I suppose it's all in a personal view of the crimson ui. I prefer the old ccc where I could find my way just as easy.
    The new does more or less the same although it just doesn't cut the cake for me.
    And that's besides some minor bugs like options disappearing in the ui and the gpu clocks in percentages.

One thing that still bugs me though is the ui window that scales back to default everytime, which on my 1080p screen is always too small to show everything in overdrive, which was already the case in the old ccc.

12. The Creator

The Creator Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    No, the problem is that there are so many missing setting in Crimson version! They don't exist in old CCC section of Crimson drivers! :bang: