Getting back to games...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Steven Hone, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    Hi guys, its been a while since I have been around these parts due to real life time contraints. However, I am now getting back to (my) reality which is playing games :)

I am very interested in any info on HL3 and a new CS. Love these games.

Also - an mmorpg would be nice. Aion looks promising but if you die it looks pretty harsh.

I am also looking for a game that I can meet up online in co-op mode to go through the story with a friend. What are the best options here ? :)

2. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/

Not out yet but looks promising :) Got 86% in PC Gamer UK December 2009 Magazine :)

HyBrId

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome back, Steven. :)

Since I don't play MMORPGs I can only give you some info regarding HL3 which is quite old already and only a speculation that hints at a possible HL3.

Basically, in December 2007, Doug Lombardi mentioned that Half Life won't end with the release of Episode 3 for HL2:
    source: http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/2007/12/12/half-life-3-world-exclusive/

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    With the amount of time between episode 2 and 3 I'd wager that 3 is going to be used to build hype prior to the release of the next full game. Else valve is working on something new :)

*sigh* diablo 3 is supposed to have co-op... :( I'm dying here blizzard!

5. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one too. 4 player coop FPS, with Diablo type drops, to satisfy your need for twich and lootwhoring.

6. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Try out Resident Evil 5 for a good recent coop game. Just make sure to get it for PC.

7. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    Resident Evil 5 is perfection for playing with a friend.

8. DgtlOutcst

DgtlOutcst Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 (55nm)
    HL3 is not in the works. Valve is working on Half Life 2: Episode 3, but I don't think that was what your asking for, even though it is going to be a brilliant game, knowing Valve. Valve did state that Half Life 2 will not be the end of the Half Life series some time ago.

There is no real need for a new CS. None is in the works.

9. strife045

strife045 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA | GTX 580 | SLI x3
    While there has not been any solid info on HL3 or CS2, the original creator of Counter-Strike is making a new game, Tactical Intervention

It mentions CS2 in there and the article published 9/28/09.

10. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Try Borderlands in coop. New game with very good coop.

11. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    Thank you all so much for the information and apologies for the delay in replying :)

RE5 it is then! :)

Will wait for these others games to prevail as well :)

12. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    If they did develope HL3 it would likely be hyped as optimized for consoles the way things are going:wanker:

13. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    People who will play that crap Borderlands are idiots, lol seriously. Play Call of Duty 4 or Left 4 Dead, they are what real men play.

14. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    :boozer:

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Wow don't be too judgemental there. I could say the same about people who play Team Fortress, which IMO is a silly game that doesn't need to exist, but I'm not going to, because people like it and clearly it sells.

and a large part of the people who play COD4 right now use hacks. I would know.. I played online almost every day since its release, and I only stopped just a couple months ago. If you pay attention, it is clear to see the change in "skill" over the past couple years playing online.. doesn't take a genious to notice..

16. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    This is true, TF2 has basically gone to crap. It started out entertaining but honestly there isn't a lot there.

Then again Borderlands doesn't look that great either, even for a coop game. I'd say RE5 is a better bet.

17. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    pffffffffffff real men play arma and arma 2, not kiddy fps. i like cod but its so just point and shoot and nothing else.

18. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Real men play Battleship!:wanker:

[​IMG]

19. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    You should be taken behind a sauna and...

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    In terms of an all out well made suspenseful and action packed game then yes. Which really I would be surprised if it wasn't coming from Capcom. I have yet to see a game from Capcom that was unpolished or rushed to release. Just doesn't happen with their games.. and thank god for that. At least one dev company knows how to get it done and has standards

Of course, if you're a fan of the earlier Res Evils, this one looks the best and plays real well, but really doesn't offer much "new" in the way of story or atmosphere. It feels pretty similar to 4 in that way.. for me anyway.