Get Rid Of This!!! Its Annoying!!!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by DarkWorlds, Jun 25, 2002.

1. NunyaBiz

NunyaBiz Guest

Just do what i do, I have AdSubtract Pro & Zonealarm Pro both filtering banner ads, popup ads, spyware cookies, etc...

I havent seen a popup or banner ad of any kind for over a year now.....Ive completely forgoten they exist, til i see stuff like this..

as far as im concerned, these ads are just the telemarketers of the internet, and i have just as much right to hang up on them as they have to pester me....

I choose not be bothered by trash that does nothing but slow my surfing and is/will never be of any interest to me in any way whatsoever...

I give the same treatment to telemarketers, I have my old puter as my answering machine, with a program that reads Caller ID.. If its an "Unavailable" or "unknown" or just a number thats not on my list of accecpted calls, then it simple reads it, then promply hangs up on the 2nd ring....

Thus i live Banner/popup/spyware/telemarketer, Free....

2. bwx232

bwx232 Guest

NICE, Nunyabiz- I use POW from ANOLOGX (heard about it on TECHtv) it seems to do a good job too.

At least we deal w/ it and don't CRY about it!

3. DarkWorlds

DarkWorlds Guest

(Get back from my vaca fro the thread, and what do i find?)
    Yeah this thread was over ages ago, but I dont gerneraly let insults go unnoticed. So im gonna comment back just breifly...

Crybaby??? Right... This is a suggestion place, so yes this is were you would find complains, suggestions all the things that make the world go round. Its not like I posted it in the wrong place. So I miss said a few thing because I was having a bad day, so then it got "godfather" mad. All well and good, it got changed over, and as far as I know Hilbert Hagedoorn is in good terms with me. (this does not apply to Hilbert Hagedoorn, makeing a point tobwx232)
    Now I have not owned a site, but know a good person that does(aka my boss). Yes at times the people that fist you site can ask for strang thing or just plain p' ya off with suggestions. But you have to make some kind of medium with them. You cant act as a god, and do nothing, and treat everyone that comes to your site as a peon. There basicly customers. As the saying goes, the customer is always right. With out bending some, you will lose the interest of your viewers.
    Thats kinda the basic reason I went on vaca from here. I did enjoy the site alot and the people here. But now that a month as past i'm giving the site another chance, as I do with all site, because peoples additude change and blah blah...
    So to sum this all up because I did want to make this short... I wasnt being disrepsectfull by asking, i was just p.o'ed and asked the wrong way that day. Thats the only reason he got mad as far as I know. Unless he says diffent ill take it as that. So to tell me the way it "really is" is pointless. Lets just hope bwx232 you never own a website.
    Well thats my little rant of the day, so like I said I made this very short.

4. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    :knock:

Both sides here have good points, and each share part of the blame in my opinion. While DW perhaps did not phrase his comment in the most polite way, it wasn't insulting or anything and I think Hilbert kind of over-reacted. After all, this is the feedback forum so you gotta expect stuff like that. Personally, as long as and add doesn't block my view of the site I'm trying to see I just deal with it. At least we're not bombarded with 10 popups every time we go to a different page here.

Cheers to Hilbert and the mods here for not losing their tempers and throwing this guy out. I don't think DW intended any flaming and it's my opinion that the flaming started with Hilbert. I'm not putting all the blame on Hilbert.....he's human. People lose their cool sometimes and that's just a fact of life. After all, he didn't ban DW, so I respect him for that - and all sorts of other things.

I don't think DW deserves the insults he received from you, bwx. If you're gonna chime in to something like this, you need to find a better way to express your opinion instead of going off on DW like that. I think that behavior was uncalled for, and instead of this dispute nearly coming to an end you kept it going. DW was just trying to make a comment / suggestion about the site, and I've always been under the impression that that is what "feedback" is all about. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't give you the right to call them things like "crybaby". I don't mean to offend you, but it's just that your post was blatenly offensive and unjustified.

DW, your response to bwx's post did its job in defending yourself, without openly insulting bwx in the process. I think you've handled most of this pretty well. You could have done a few things different, but all in all you kept your cool and defended yourself without being too offensive.

I've only been here for about 6 or 7 weeks, but I think this is the coolest forum I've been to and I really feel at home here. It's a small enough community here to where you become familiar with just about all the regulars, and I like that. Places like AnandTech are way too big, and it really doesn't make you feel like you're part of the community. I've come to really enjoy this forum, and I just don't want to see fellow Gurus senselessly flame one another. I also don't want to see veteran Gurus get banned for making suggestions about the website. And I know nobody said anything about banning DW, but I'm just saying what a shame that would be.

Can't we all just get along?
    :invasion:

P.S. bwx, if you reply please refrain from using direct insults. I would appreciate it.

5. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    as far as the mods (such as myself) and the admins..this whole matter is closed....

BWX u were slightly out of line there......
    the whole issue has been settled by both parties.

6. bwx232

bwx232 Guest

Well, that's the way I saw it. I am done w/ this thread now.

7. fahad

fahad Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Albatron Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB/Hitachi CML174B

thats a whole ****load of writing

8. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

ok guys, I'm watching, in case you figured this was a dead section no one bothered with.

you guys got something to say to each other, do it in email.

you keep this up, your going to find yourselves with the boot.l

9. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    editing is an option

10. ReBeL

ReBeL Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 S 8GB
    :stewpid:

Geez, can't believe I didn't think of that! I'm just dumb sometimes, yeah I know. It was really late and I wasn't thinking clearly. Oh well. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2002