1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Rid Of This!!! Its Annoying!!!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by DarkWorlds, Jun 25, 2002.

1. DarkWorlds

DarkWorlds Guest

Im posting all i see is this annoying cra**y sign blinking red&white. It comes up like 60% of the time. Im sick and fed up with that!!! ack the ad people to take it off, they will do it.
    Just incase you never seen it its this...
    [​IMG]

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You think that is anoying, try this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DarkWorlds

DarkWorlds Guest

so should i take it that guru3d.com is more interessted in makeing money then careing about the people here?

4. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    it prolly cycles, so it should be gone......hopefully.......

cash is needed to keep this place alive...so bear with it for the time being.....

5. DarkWorlds

DarkWorlds Guest

thx, it doesnt seem to be poping up anymore... but if ya need the ads, just tell the ad place to take that one off the cycle... they will do it, lol

pcgcentral had that annoying one to, people got annoyed and complained/emailed about it. The ad company didnt wanna do anything... so our boss took all the adds off. Well they panic'ed and BOOM... we no longer have that oh so annoying add ;)

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You wanna pick up the hosting bills then ? We move about one terrabyte each month so you can calculate how much that would cost right ?

No ? Then live with it .. it's just a campaign that will end likely soon.

so should i take it that guru3d.com is more interessted in makeing money then careing about the people here?

Ah you know what .. after such a remark .. go to another site man. You clearly don't have a clue what Guru3D.com is all about !

7. DarkWorlds

DarkWorlds Guest

well that was kinda not needed... but if you refer to my post before this one, the ad company will do something... if you move as much as you say, they get alot of money from you to... so if ya bug them, they will do it for ya ;)

8. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    DarkWorlds I will give you a small word of warning this is a very touchie subject with Hilbert I don't even go there with him.

If I was you I would just walk away from this.

Somethings in life we do not have options in and Adds on this site are a must have to keep it going.Even with the Adds I would guess Hilbert still has to spend money out of his pocket.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    So basically here we have a site that does 5-6 million pageviews monthly. Then there is this one user who does not ask to shut down that campaign .. no he demands it like he's in control here or something.

Then he insults me by actually stating the dumbest thing I have ever heard and 7-8 posts downwards I still notice an attitude and a user telling me how to run my site ...

Interesting .. what will his next message be and what my next action will be.

10. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

Hey, this is a hot topic, I'm going to throw my 2 cents in, not that it matters much.
    I've been around here for over a year, lots of us now have.
    And i've been lucky enough to get some responsabilities around here, and when that happens you sometimes have to take up some of Hilberts time with questions, etc. I've chatted with him, and I have an idea of how he feels about this site. Plus I have a clue of how much a site brings in, My sister has a couple, and my mother has one. I've seen and heard about the cheques they get, I'd shut the mofo's down. Now Hilbert put up the pop unders a month or so ago, and rather than take that money and start to get paid a little for his work, (i'd be friggen amazed if he gets more than 1$ an hour) he bought new forum software, and started playing with the main page.

It's his baby, he didn't want and doesn't like the ads any more than you do. But who wants to pay for a second full time job?

This site is, in my opinion, Hilberts gift to us all, we don't get charged for a thing, we don't get asked to pay a thing, so what do we have comming to us?

Thats my 2 cents, maybe I just have a different appreciation for what goes on around here.

11. Utnayan

Utnayan Guest

Very well put.

This site for you is free of charge. It is a tremendous service to the community. Quit your yapping and baseless BS about people caring more about money than the people of the site, when you are the only one bitching about it anyhow.

Next time just thank the site that you have a great place to go to figure out a lot of your needs.

-Ut
    -Guru3D Gamereviewer

12. DarkWorlds

DarkWorlds Guest

"Interesting .. what will his next message be and what my next action will be."

You know Hilbert Hagedoorn...

I was totaly about to let this go... sure i fumed to a few people, got some interesting replys... but i was gonna let it go. But I take it that you could not just let it go, hell no. You had to make sure you made a huge point to rub me in the ground like I was dirt. I KNOW you dont wanna admit to it but your reading in between the lines or in some cases this that not even there!!

I do enjoy the fact you created this and everything else. Last time I check I was leaveing this in the "Feedback" area of the forums. Not on the "I wanna to shut down Guru3d". Also the last time I checked the "Feedback" forum had the "Feel free to tell us your comments and suggestions on Guru3D.com in this forum.". Well unless im wrong? I meen if I am, you might wanna change that, you know it confused the hell outta me. I didnt know that was "Feel free to tell us your comment and suggestions here, that way be may insult/mock/bann you" So far all thats happened... not the banning yet, nor have I violated anything yet... but im sure the last part might.

The first comment I did was asking if you could get rid on something that annoyed me... I was expecting the ussual(an correct mind you) "Sure were/I'm looking into this", or "I am/We are alreading looking into this, but I/We beleave the ad company wont allow". Thats how most forums handle this... They blow you off nicely, or they really look into it. I was not expecting you to show up and be pissed by my comment... but you did.

Maybe I didnt ask politely because it was annoying me, and after all im not representing anyone or anything, so it didnt have to look polite. I didnt cuss, or use profane words, but i was kinda direct on how i felt. You come up and do the whole "You think that is anoying, try this:". Yes that set me off, its your site I know, but then again you do represent it. I was expecting an lol at the end, but no. So yes I got pissed, and used is guru more about money thing... as some sites I was at, have said yes to
    that. I was expecting you to reply with it was just a joke or something...

GTa86 I give mucho credit to, he basicly explained "how it is" and I gave my little suggestion, real nice like. I guess this is were you come in again, on a high horse(so to speak).

You sit there and bust my chops, clearly not reading what I said earlier. For your info I DO know how much it cost, its alot i understand that. My only point in the previous post is call the ad company, maybe they will do something, if you move as much as you do they make money off you too, if you ask you should recieve.[b/] Thats all I was trying to get at. I even nicely said that as a reply to the outragist comment you gave me, I was very calm and cool about it. Hell i thought what I said would cool you down.

This is where a hear from Martys Web, cool guy I must admit... basicly he told me in a underlying way that you dont take critizem well and to lay off, I was alittle mad, but hey, I stoped my last post was nice, what could you get mad at(I firmly beleaved it was all over, i didnt have a comment to say after marty told me that)? I didnt leave any underlying insults to anyone in my last post, how could i get blasted?

Well oviously it pissed ya off, I dont know how it did but it did... You start to comment on how I want to single handly stop the guru site... my is ask WTF did I say that? I meen really if you can find that exact quote anywere ill give you a picture of me, and you can attach a jackass to it, ok? Next... I demand control... hmm WTF its your site, please explain to me how I would? And once again I ask you to please show me were I said that... and again you maybe attach jackass to my name or something... last time i checked... it wasnt there. I read further, only to see I insulted you?(hmm were?) I insulted you by posting"The dumbst" thread. Last time I checked "Godfather" this was the feedback forum, if you dont want people to reply, dont put it there.
    An attitude? WHAT? umm no, this is attitude. My first post, i give ya with the aditude... second one you caused directly being(hell heres the part that gives the ok on the banning, just incase you need one) a jackass. Posting 4 of them was not called for. So i fired back... like i said i was hoping you were gonna replay with a joke. The next 2 post have god damn smiley faces in them, last time i checked... that was a good mood type thing...

You know, maybe im crazy. Maybe I wasnt welcomed? Hell if a another person posted this from the beginning would you be pissed? These are question I ask my self. It seems no one stands on my side, everyone thinks your 100% perfect, much like most people thought the "Godfather" was. I ecpected a simple answer to a simple question, instead i am basicly told im nothing. You as a human doesn not give you that right, and you not god. I said what annoyed me... instead you insult me, you could of agreed ya ill contact them, or better yet, ill look into it. No you had to be different.

I would love to stay, but i dont think that would happen... So ban me if you wish, ip ban if ya want. Wont stop me from coming back if I wanted. Like i said before, I droped it, you egged on...

"keep your friend's close keep your enemy's closer"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2002
  13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No DarkWorlds, I'm not going to ban you. But you still did not get the point did you ?

You didn't ask me to remove that banner. I don't take an attitude from anyone on my own site. That includes new visitors, regulars, moderators, editors and even admins.

Did you honestly expect that you can snap you finger and at your demand banners will go away just because you don't like them ?

I'm in control of all banners on this site, if I don't like one I disable that campaign and it will be rotated out in 24 hours.

In the future I suggest you write your request with a bit more dignity and respect as a lot of other sites do not have the patience that I have. If you can't life with that then go buy a magazine so you can divert web-ads.

14. ph33r_php

ph33r_php Guest

Ya know, I am a php guy and so I like to make everything work with php, and well I would think a banner rotation every time the page loads would be great, that way the admin gets mass more money and it helps the site out and it isn't the same add anymore, if you need a script wrote I will gladly do so, and Darkworld - Man I mean this site is popular it costs so much to run a server, specially the bandwidth sites take up, I mean you figure this site gets about 40,000 page views per day, and its a information site, they aren't selling the people out, they are merely paying for what they can't afford at the moment, don't worry, Guru3d still owns all :)

15. MikeSniper

MikeSniper Guest

I know I may sound like an ass for asking this, but did you get rid of the ad? I think it's really annoying too.

16. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    :D

havnt seen it in a while..so it prolly has been rotated.....

17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Banners are rotated. And yes .. of course the anoying banner was taken out.

18. I'M GOING INTO A SEIZURE!!!!!!!

(that's an epilepsy joke due to the flashing banner, for the slow kids)

19. osama1234

osama1234 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus MX-400 64mb
    for a person such as me, i should certainly steer clear of these types of threads...(after my last little incident)
    but i missed it alll... i can't see no freaghihing add's :D the ads are extinct

i just think that the dude , forgot his name, was talking in a jolly fashion, and trying to be short(as in write very little). like i'm trying to right now.

and hilbert received it differently maybe. so lets all just go into seizure, or was it mentally retardedness, wait i already got that.

all that you ding dongs need is some substancial cooling, i'd suggest a blue org.

there's my 3 cents.

btw, in now way am i against guru3d.com :blunt: :D

soo lets all make up and kiss. except me. cause i got mental retarded ness...

why did i even post this??/
    oh yeah, i've to post odd things occasionally...
    but why here?

edit: to make this post seem legitimate :D

the ads aren't soo bad now, they were pop-unders when they started and became almost pop=ups, but then hilbert fixed it... they seem pretty ok right now.

why isn't my signature working?

ooooh, delete button. i can delete this msg. cool.

<B>ok 1 serious comment:</B>
    since we're on the topic of ads. please i beg off you hilbert to stay away from those ads made in flash, that continue on for 2 minutes and dont' let you shut em off till they're done.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2002
  20. bwx232

bwx232 Guest

I just read this thread and I gotta say (and I don't really care if it pisses poor little Darkworlds off or not).

What A FREEKIN CRYBABY!!! WAA-e-WAAA-e-WAAAAAAAAA

Who cares about the damn banners!!! Then to get all pissed or annoyed or whatever you got when you get a response from the creator of the site himself that you don't like, I think you are lucky you got a response at ALL! --

Look at the site your on Darkworlds!! Be happy w/ it! Be glad it's here! Don't be such a little baby (no offence to any babies out there. you cannot help how old you are) Get over yourself and stop being so ungratefull!

And you WERE being DISRESPECTFULL when you DEMANDED Pimp Daddy do ANYTHING!! I thought he showed a lot of restraint when he responded to you.

Sorry to hash up old wounds everyone, but I thought someone should tell old Darkworlds the way it really is.

Oh yeah, I am representing someone- NEW YORK!

Okay, I'll shut up now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2002