General Computer Stuttering

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Strykerr, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Strykerr

Strykerr Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 1070
    I am having a new problem with my PC and I am unable to pinpoint the cause. The problem is I am getting some stuttering in visuals, and in turn input as well. What happens is when typing either just one keystroke or spamming keys, randomly there will be some mini stutter for .5-1s and it will happen every 4-5 seconds.

The same thing happens when just moving windows around on my screen, it will move around fluidly and smooth then every other second it will stutter and skip for about the same amount of time.

Even while typing this right now I can see some letters lag behind and eventually come up on my screen. This is also noticeable while playing a video game, where it would experience input lag which I believe to be directly related to the stutter out of game. Is there a simple setting that is causing this? I first noticed it when I upgraded to sandy, but it went away or I just never noticed it again until now.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Could either be a RAM issue or a GPU instability. Remove all overclocks to the system and try again.

deltatux

3. Strykerr

Strykerr Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 1070
    Running stock and still presents same problem.

4. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Hmm, stock on RAM, CPU and GPU?

deltatux

5. Strykerr

Strykerr Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 1070
    Yeah stock clocks on all. For the window moving, only some windows show that but the typing issue and input lag ingame still persists.

6. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    Run something to test your hard drives, such as WD Diag, or HDTune.

7. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I had problems similar to that before. I would be listening to a MP3 in Winamp and randomly during file transfers the computer and audio would glitch. Turned out it was an I/O issue caused by older drivers and hard disk controller.