GeForce6200 and Toshiba FullHD problem

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by eran75, May 17, 2008.

1. eran75

eran75 New Member

Hi,

I have recently purchased Toshiba's Regza 42x3500 FullHD LCD TV, and connected it to my pc using a DVI to HDMI cable. My normal pc display is connected via a standard d-sub vga connector.

I have two problems:
    1. The NVidia driver configuration doesn't list the 1280x1024 resolution for the Toshiba TV, only for my normal pc display. Toshiba declares this resolution as supported. I tried custom configuration at NVidia's control panel but failed...Any ideas?

2. Every time the TV is turned off and back on (or if I restart the pc when the TV is turned off) I need to access NVidia's control panel to choose either clone or dualview, and select toshiba otherwise is select a default HDTV monitor and set it to low resolution and TV signal. Is there a way for the settings to remain even when the TV is disconnected or turned off?

And another question, does anyone know if I can display on the TV itself the video stream data, for example if it is 1080p/720p, etc?

Thanks.

2. Blotto8017

Blotto8017 Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512mb
    I can't help with the second part but as far as the resolution goes. nVidia's custom resolution has been broken for a while. I heard that it's fixed in 175.16 but I haven't tried it. At the same time you probably don't want to run 1280x1024 anyway. It's a 4:3 res. Run 1920x1080 that is 1080p. I you are having trouble selecting the res, download driver sweeper and the newest drivers, uninstall your drivers and reboot into safe mode and use driver sweeper to remove all traces of nvidia software then install the new set.

3. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    1280x1024 is 5:4 which is a narrow aspect when compared to 4:3 btw... :)

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    eran I can tell you from the get go the VGA on the Regza only does 1024x768...get a HDMI-->DVI plug and enjoy either 1280x720 or 1920x1080 :)

Go read the manual for the TV it'll tell you what resolutions are only supported via the D-Sub.

I run my PC on my 42" Toshiba Regza via the HDMI port w/o a hitch. :)

5. Netgamer

Netgamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6600LE 300/300
    i did not think the 6200 was HD?

6. Somian

Somian Member

GPU:
    nvidia GeForce GTX280
    Hi, my laptop has a GeForce Go6200 and I want to hook it to my Toshiba 40ZF355DG screen. Problem is, that i cannot select the native 1920x1080 resolution but only 1768x992 (which isn't even supported by the Display) The graphics driver version is 97.35. I know that the VideoCard supports different resulutions, sicne it worked some years ago when iw as using i with XP and an older driver. on vista however I can't set the proper resolution.

7. -[HC]-AceCombat

-[HC]-AceCombat Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Asus 8600GT silent in SLI
    Only 8XXX Series and up I thought would display HD Or maybe that was for them to play HD-DVD and Blu Ray Anybody else.

8. Threewheels

Threewheels Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 275, 896mb
    "HD" resolution is really just anything 1280x720 (720p) or larger. Most normal desktop resolutions can be considered HD fwiw. But being able to decode an HD video stream is another issue that requires decent cpu/gpu power and/or proper decoding software. I'm not sure how well the geforce 6 series is at rendering HD video, as it is an older card, but it may be doable if your cpu is fast enough and you have good software.

as far as display, you should be trying to run your TV's native resolution (1920 x 1080) for the best image quality (1280x720 may also work though). Your TV may only support specific resolutions through the HDMI port, usually 1080p, 720p, 480p.

9. Somian

Somian Member

GPU:
    nvidia GeForce GTX280
    my question wasn't "can my 6200 run crysis in 1920x1080 and 60 fps", it was "how can i set the resolution to 1920x1080 so I can do things like checking email and programming in that native resolution?!" ;)

However, my Screen supports HD resolutions via VGA. Already tried that with my big PC.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  10. -[HC]-AceCombat

-[HC]-AceCombat Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Asus 8600GT silent in SLI
    Who said anything about Crysis. First off we're trying to help you so try not to be an ass. Secondly post the stats of your system you know like everybody else has. Thirdly don't threadjack another persons post make your own.

11. Threewheels

Threewheels Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 275, 896mb
    I wasn't trying to answer your question Somian, this is NOT your thread, so gtfo and make your own thread.