GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER Card Stock Already Running Dry in North America

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    ....this whole thread turned to a never ending argument.... My self I am waiting for my 4070s ... I said in here if I can find it for 650 I will fire ... Well I snatched it 660 literally 5 am at the morning and by the evening the price was at 700 euros again....

Now about the vram I believe the 3080 10gb would be a bottleneck the card would still have the juice but ram will hold it back ... If you keep your GPUs for long time ...I normally change GPUs every 3-5 gens depending on a lot of things , my personal experience was this, I brought the gtx 770 2gb for 323 euros in release month and I did not even look at the 4gb models because I thought it will never matter , well when I tried prey ... Dear lord missing textures and texture popping galore while the 4gb version had no issues at all ... Back then my update was postponed because of the older mining craze but my card was determined to get a retirement so in near the end of the craze died on me and the only reasonable thing for me to buy was a 1060 witch was literally half the 580's price at the time !!! Funny thing my 1060s retirement was scheduled to be replaced with a 3060 ti I even had 500 euros on the side ready to buy it thinking even with the craze it will be enough "lol" it was over 800 and did not drop bellow 500 till about the 4xxx series witch at the time it did there was no way to pay such amount for a 60 card I was willing early.... With this and that and 3 years later I forked those 500 euros I kept +160 extra .... 12 gb would be enough for me maybe in a year or two would have to turn down textures .... We will see if 12gb would be enough or not , one thing is certain excluding the card breaking after warranty I do not foresee an update on my GPU till the rtx 7xxx series :p

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    What GPU are you basing your impressions on? I may notice these things if I looked harder, but would rather stay ignorant and happy and continue to enjoy my experience than be bothered by things other ppl see. :cool:

GoldenTiger, TheDigitalJedi and AuerX like this.
  3. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    แกงมัสมั่น
    Some people wear special AMD goggles that see things us normies can not possibly perceive.

Sometimes you find them out on the streets, on their knees intensely staring at the ground, muttering about textures and sharpness.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    to me anything below 1440p is atrocious to me and looks worse then native worse then native, so long as i ignore the artifacts and other issue that come with such tech which most time i can not, and few time it does look better then Native and lower @ 1440p or lower it ruined by artifact other thing i see that arnt that with such tech.

it great tech and usages depend on person. if you have 4k monitor obviously cant hit it native it bound to be better then using lower res then native, and look almost identically providing you can ignore other issue too. in time it will get better but in time we will have gpu that actual have no issue with that res too hopefull with the obviously scalping prices manufacturer.

DLSS/FSR to me is last resort aka game is already running at my res and i already lower all i can and still cant hit my target of 60 fps that when i will use it if available, Same for FG if i cant hit 60 fps and need use FG the hit to that latency for already and already low fps isnt gona be worth it. less one people that noticed it firstplace. I notice it with and with out vsync but Tearing it no go for so vsync is always on, Great for people with 120/240 monitors and can ignore artifacts that happen from that too.

And most my dislike these techs comes from my OCD like allowing me to put with draw backs. it why I refuse to own IPS monitor which almost all monitors are. I can not deal with IPS glow

No such thing as bad gpu and bad tech just bad pricing.

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Why would the GPU matter? DLSS looks no different on Turing than on Lovelace.
    E.g. took a look at TLOU a few weeks back with 4090 on 32" screen, and some parts of the Capitol building in front of the sky were smearing badly even with DLSS Q.

6. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    My vision is rather good so it's not as if I have to strain my eyes to spot certain flaws with DLSS. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice feature for what it is, but it's definitely not something I'd use unless I really had to.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I asked because you have no Nvidia card in your sig, but an AMD one. How was I to know that you were not basing your experience from an older Turing card with DLSS1 from several years ago? DLSS circa 2018 does look different that it does in 2024. Unless you are saying nothing has changed from DLSS1 to DLSS3 and all the dll's that have dropped over time further improving IQ.

I should add that if ppl studiously look for things rather than gaming they may eventually come up with something. At the cost of losing focus and enjoyment of the game. ;)

8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It hasn't for almost two years now. Drop 2.3.9 DLL, which likely was the first DLL that shipped with preset C hardcoded into it, into a game that doesn't have DLSS sharpen, and it very likely will look exactly the same as the very newest DLL with preset C forced via DLSSTweaks.
    There have been new presets, but their improvements are all paid with also having serious downsides vs. C. It's just a myth that DLSS would continuously "evolve". It only does so by Nvidia hopping to new stuff to advertise like FG or RR, but it's not the old upsampling paths that are evolving (or feel free to contribute actual facts that show otherwise).

9. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    DLSS 3 has improved visual clarity on performance & balanced mode significantly, but it still has some lingering issues that can be seen with quality mode even at 4K.

10. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Going back to the original topic, it seems e/retailers are noticing stock drying up because I've seen several models increase in price overnight. It might be that Nvidia did underestimate demand and there isn't any more stock coming in the near future.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

I think Nvidia is being conservative and plying it safe when it comes to making chips for their GPUs, so they can ensure there`s no stock and they don`t have to drop prices. And also because they are more interested in selling their chips for AI cards...

And it seems AMD is following Nvidia`s lead on this one...

HandR likes this.
  12. MonsterMX99

MonsterMX99 Member

GPU:
    Yeah you are right, they are so many frustrated crybabies under every Nvidia article/review.

GoldenTiger and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its not that stock was big in the first place. It as meant FE to be sold quick and then rise the prise of aib models.

14. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yeah there seems to have been very little stock. Prices keep creeping up, just spotted some more increases overnight.