GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER Card Stock Already Running Dry in North America

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 10, 2024.

1. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    @tsunami231

Bro you've been around as long as I have so please trust me when I say this. People that hate on DLSS are full of it. DLSS has come a long way and it is the best upscaling tech out there. I have multiple titles that look better with DLSS when compared to native resolution. Add in DLAA tweaks with the additional framerates at max settings.......my goodness! The 4090 can breeze through the majority of my games without DLSS but, many times I still use it because of the added enhancements that can be taxing. Sometimes I will enhance the textures, lighting, shadows and upscale 5k through 8k. DLSS and DSR makes this possible.

Don't listen to the negative users and flag wavers. Remember when so many people where pissing on Frame Generation? People get salty when they can't have a benefit others are enjoying. Now that everyone can enjoy Frame Generation, all of the sudden it's cool.

If $500 is your limit don't count out the 7800xt. When Blackwell is released that may bring down the 4070TI even further.

GoldenTiger and AuerX like this.
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @TheDigitalJedi I don’t like upscalers or super scalers, I seen I used them to many draw back to them that trigger my ocd. I see this as last resort “feature”

don’t care frame gen either seen used to me the latency is not worth it. If one can ignore that great tech

Maybe it be different story if the draw back didn’t trigger my ocd.

Valken and HybOj like this.
  3. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  4. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Yes exactly, thing is, when I buyed for EXAMPLE GTX 970 that card was a legend and it worked like a horse for many years. When you buy ANYTHING even remotely in a same price bracket now (+20% for whatever reason) u get a card which is dead on arrival, with 8gb VRAM, from nvidia. Its totally effed and ppl dont even realize, because the dealer messed up the card numbers and used all kinds of trickery to confuse everybody, and it just works LOL... pathetic

yannus likes this.

5. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    NEVER. I bought this overpriced turd 2nd hand for like half of that. I dont care if the reality check is knocking you, thats your problem. If you enjoy throwing money at the wall, good for you. Dont expect me to be silent about the absurd state of GFX HW. I dont really care too much how it makes you feel. And framegen? U mean that hack which allows users to use some kind of AMD FG on 3xxx HW at the cost of increased latency? Utterly unusable if you dont already have high framerate? Increasing VRAM usage even further? LOL. How that relates to the current state of market is beyond me anyway :D

yannus likes this.
  6. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    you are SO rich, thats admirable .....................

yannus likes this.
  7. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    What reality check? What problem would I have? How am I throwing money at the wall when both of my systems are money makers? I made the money back I spent on both cards in my second month of having them. I'm having the time of my life gaming, benchmarking and enjoying my hardware.

You're really pissed off and I can't help that. All the best Guru. Do you.

8. Vincent2077

Vincent2077 Active Member

GPU:
    Vega8/RTX4070 Super
    CP2077 and Alan Wake 2 barely exceed 9GB, with PT and FSRFG mod enabled. Both run great too when frame gen is enabled. What's with this costant vram bs on this freakin site,would you rather buy a 16gb card that will run rt/pt at half of 3080's fps but have more vram headroom ?

GoldenTiger likes this.
  9. yannus

yannus Member

GPU:
    Radeon 8GB
    Not that RT /PT isn't impressive but it's not as valuable as VRAM yet

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Who needs this 4080super cards when a 3080 10gb can handle PT and it runs so great :D

Vincent2077 likes this.

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Noobs3d.com

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

Only 9Gb? Then i have to state my surprise because running Cyberpunk at 3440x1440 at max settings and light RT makes my card use almost 12Gb.

Still nothing special but i was expecting AW2 to use more RAM when using PT.

Undying likes this.
  13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    There is a difference about allocating vram and the actual need of vram :)

GoldenTiger and Vincent2077 like this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We know the difference thank you. Im also playing at 3440x1440 and actual usage exceeds 10-12gb vram in number of tittles.

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It couldn't even handle RT in WD Legion in 2020 without VRAM pressure related slow-downs...

16. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    The way I see it, DLSS is a last resort if lowering other settings aren't enough to maintain 100+ FPS at all times. Even with DLSS 3 the visual clarity is noticeably worse than native.

When I upgraded from an RTX 3080 to an RTX 4090 it wasn't due to VRAM limitations, it was due to it not being fast enough. Most of the ones complaining about VRAM are trying to play a new game at max settings with an older GPU. To them they'd be content playing at 60 FPS and below whereas I'd consider that just as unplayable as having muddy textures.

tsunami231 likes this.
  17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Its resolution dependent. DLSS with 4k is very different than at 1440p or 1080p. Call me blind or whatever but I have a hard time distinguishing it from native in many cases @ 4k.

18. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    แกงมัสมั่น
    What games do you play?

19. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    แกงมัสมั่น
    If you perceive something and others don't then that's what matters to you.

It is what it is, and were all different.

I agree with you tho. 100%

TheDigitalJedi and alanm like this.
  20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Can see all the artifacts pretty much the same on 4k screen. Also DLAA is still noticeably more unstable than some more blurry TAA variants with objects like stairs viewed from a steep angle with narrow bright areas etc.

What is much more usable in 4k is DLSS ray reconstruction, but still Quality setting is the limit. And the smearing is still not good.

DirtyDee likes this.