GeForce RTX 3090 Ti gets TDP above 450W and new power connector

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    And well there are plenty of people who play games like 5h+ a day too, and spending a little more for long term enjoyment is not a bad investment :p.
    Everyone have their preferences, for me spending money for short term enjoyment like smoking or drinking is even worse.

Undying and Dragam1337 like this.
  2. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    This is like when someone drives by in a Ferrari and everyone says what a douche. But secretly you really want to be that douche. It will sell.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dell 6800XT 16GB

Nvidia marketing works well. Rabid fanboys everywhere.

I use both sides. Both have ups and down but i hate nvidia as a company. Worse then Apple.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    BINGO :D

5. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah sure just keep insulting everyone who like to buy the best stuff hahaha, make you look like a fool.
    I have a running AMD GPU too, it's the R9 290, which was a fantastic GPU of the time when AMD was being innovative.

6. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Low amount of top AMD cards are not because of fanboyism, AMD AIB has empty shelves or Inflated prices on what is still left on the shelves.
    I have more or less waited for a good price on a 6800 since Christmas.
    Yesterday was my 8 try on the weekly AMD shop queue thing and I had to choice 6900xt or nothing, because that was the only thing left.
    I could have waited something like 8 more weeks to get a 6800, but I gave up after using ½ hour every day for months to get a card.
    A AMD shop 6900xt is around the same price as a buy now price of a AIB partner 6800 card here.

My wanting a non ASUS AMD card and waiting so long time for one, could be considered AMD fanboy and I would gladly admit that, but steam stats are not because of fanboys.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT/3080Ti
    It costs AMD however much they spend on binning. They make 1 chip and if that chip is not up to scratch it gets sold as a lower end model. In a time where GPU's are priced normally and there isn't a shortage of chips. Sure they would indeed deliberatley turn a 6900XT into a lower end model to feed that segment of the market as they could sell more. But in times like these where anything will sell why would you, as a business, deliberately make lower end cheaper models out of parts that could be sold at a higher price? It makes no business sense at all.

8. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    so why call it a 3090TI and not just a titan?

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Because we already have a Titan, the 3090 :D

mackintosh likes this.
  10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dell 6800XT 16GB

So you're saying that all the ignorant who bought into the games work marketing physics marketing and never even buy a top in GPU yet im a fool for making fun of everyone who believes and videos marketing. Go have fun being ignorant

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    I don't even understand what you are trying to say o_O