GeForce RTX 3090 Benchmarks Surface Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Amd really have a chance here. If they catch up to 3080 seems like 3090 isnt far off.

60% faster than 5700xt is not impossible.

holeindalip and Fediuld like this.
  2. David3k

David3k Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    I'm choosing to not expect anything. that way if it actually turns out good I'll be pleasantly surprised. If not, I can buy a 2070 Super for pretty cheap soon. (Currently on a 1070)

3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S WaterForceWB
    @David3k
    just because the 3090 is using the full chip, doesnt automatically mean it eliminates a ti.
    especially since we dont know how many chip are "defective" (as in not full chip).
    @Loobyluggs
    you dont need the connectot for sli, as its now gonna be done in-game, so not sure why you state ppl have to buy a 3090 to do "sli".

4. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    It's funny that people don't believe it is only 10-20% faster, given benchmarks and hardware facts about numbers of shaders/ROPs.

Don't understand how or why anyone thinks it could be any faster.

And no way that an extra 14GB of VRAM costs 850 (1500-650) so don't anyone say the price is justified because of extra VRAM.

Davud and Fediuld like this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Dlss looks like crap anyways, nothing like the native image - very clearly upscaled with this oversharpened look to try and compensate for blurry image you get from upscaling... 1440p upscaled to 8k would look like... 1440p with a sharpening filter.

6. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    There won't be a 3080Ti if 3080 to 3090 is less than 20% gap. Neither 3080S.
    The die we know already is the full fat one and chopped for the 3080 because of the yield issues. (too big physically).

2021 is the new MCM chiplet architecture from both companies.

7. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    If there is not a big performance gap like 40% between 3080 to 3090 there won't be a 3080Ti while we already we know there are 2 3080 models with different VRAM.

As for the physical die size, Nvidia cannot chop it as they see fit. Has to be done in certain way to work.

Regarding the DX12/Vulkan Async Compute for mGPU wasn't some in here saying it was pointless when Nvidia couldn't scale over 50% while AMD could do 100% scaling? At least until people bothered to run such benchmarks 2 years ago with Vega 64 and 1080Ti.

How many games have we seen with Async Compute all those years? Barely a handful and none the last 2 years. (Last one was Resident Evil remastered).

Nvidia just drops the support, like it did with the Nvision kit. And what happened to PhysX/Gameworks? When was the last time we saw a big game supporting it and not some small studio making a C-rated game just to use the Nvidia grand?

8. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    How is in average 19.8% faster when the fastest percentage is 11.5% ? You meant 9.8?

9. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    How did this leaker's 3080 numbers compared to actual tested numbers? We can probably take a truck load of salt on this until Hilbert or other validated sites post the real numbers.

Maybe its real or maybe Nvidia released a gimped driver to keep their publishing dates and will release the real public driver a few days before the NDA lifts.

I would wait before confirming the sky is falling. No matter how expensive Nvidia is, they do deliver on the performance.

10. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    If you cound Mhz and shader count, you get to a 17% extra power between 3080 and 3090 if you take in account that at 4k we see up to 11.5% perf improvement, i will say we are on point.
    Everyone knew from the start the 3080 was the big deal and even a 3080ti can offer you this 10% perf extra if you have the extra money and if you miss that 5fps to get 60fps.

You should be happy and not disappointed that the reference card for gaming this year is either 500$ or 700$ instead of complaining that the 1300$ one is not fast enough.

11. Elfa-X

Elfa-X Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    I'll wait to see Hilbert's benchmarks before I even consider making my mind up. These benches could be pure fantasy as far as we know. I'll stick with a bencher I trust.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No hostility, just reality. You're stating a company who gets to label their products and claim what it is, are wrong, about their own.. products...

13. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    With these prices and performance, how badly can AMD frack up not to make a win here?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not a ti

15. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti/3090FTW
    They didn't get rid of it. They just left it up to developers to implement it in their games from the beginning of development.

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti/3090FTW
    All I can say is I can not understand why people bought a 10gb card today!?!

It is already obsolete even at 1080 in some games. I use more than the 8Gb of RAM on my 5700XT in a few games today and never would I think that's going to go the way of less usage in the near future.

People are going to be pissed when the 3080/3070's drop with these 20 and 16Gb interfaces. Because it just makes sense.

And the people on here bantering about it being sad that they release their cards the way they do or how they do need to get something extra going on in life...

Most of these comments about ram size on here are most likely made by people who don't even have that much system RAM!! Comment on something that is tangible to you and not some negativity about your pipe dreams.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ulata
    If 10% is true then I will go with 3080 20GB if the price is greater than $300. Now let's see what AMD will produce. Rumors are saying it is supposed to be faster than 3090, but at what price?

18. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    was not expect those numbers, though I still think professional reviews will tell the truth.

Even more reason to wait to see If Big Navi is going to come close to all the hype.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Simple answer is: "People ignore TBP."

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Almost every DX12/Vulkan game uses Async Compute, there just isn't options to turn it on/off. PhysX is the default Physics engine in most engines and just recently got an update (https://news.developer.nvidia.com/announcing-nvidia-physx-sdk-5-0/). Most, if not all RTX games are using Gameworks libraries.

Your posts continue to be rife with misinformation.

14GB doesn't cost that much but it makes the performance punch up next to expensive Quadro units in certain workloads. To avoid cannibalizing those sales they increase the price.