GeForce RTX 3080 Ti price, release date surfaces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Pricing of the upcoming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti may have surfaced, according to sources involved the 'Titanium' model will carry an MSRP of roughly 1100 USD; which would be considerably more expensive t...

GeForce RTX 3080 Ti price, release date surfaces

JonasBeckman and Airbud like this.
  2. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    That thing is sweet, I wish I could afford one.

3. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Yup ....

Airbud likes this.
  4. The same ROP count and the same 384bit GDDR6X? That sounds interesting, but the price is still too high. This should have been <999USD card. I'd be willing to pay 1099 if this was TSMC's 7nm GPU with better perf to watt ratio, but not for Samsung's terrible 8nm node.

Anyway, this is all just theoretical because I'm absolutely sure I won't even see one anywhere.

AsiJu likes this.

5. Aekold

Aekold Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    I like the 3000 series (and still plan to get one if I can can ever find it), but that was my biggest beef with them - the power consumption. The 3080 has similar performance-per-watt as my GTX 1080, even though it was released 4 years later. I know the addition of Tensor cores is part of it, but it's still kind of a bummer that Nvidia has stagnated on the performance-per-watt front.

Airbud likes this.
  6. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    3000 series is so fast though!....such a shame the availability and prices.

jbscotchman likes this.
  7. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    Seems a bit pointless for Nvidia to waste the money and effort to create yet another SKU given that they can't manufacture these 3000 series remotely fast enough to meet demand already.

This maybe uses partially failed GA102 chips (3090 dies) but how many of those are there even? Whether that is or isn't the case, at what point does manufacturing these just begin to eat into the manufacturing capacity for the other GPUs? The only thing I can reason is that Nvidia is trying to shift demand from a top tier product that uses a pile of memory (3090, 24gb) to one that uses slightly less (3080ti, 12gb) to give themselves a better profit margin on the cards. But even that doesn't make a lot of sense as it still leaves us with the "rob peter to pay Paul" capacity scenario on the actual GPU cores.

AsiJu likes this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Price: whatever the scalpers set it to

Availability:

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yeah.... but I feel like scalpers might not be AS interested in these, especially if their mining capabilities are in fact quite neutered compared to the regular cards. Feel like people using their GPU's for ACTUAL GAMING are far less likely to spend out the arse for a video card they don't necessarily NEED as opposed to those who are trying to use them to make more money faster.

10. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I still want a 3080 at MSRP :(

Thunk_It likes this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I still want a 3060Ti at MSRP

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    See it dropping in the EU for 1500€.

jura11 likes this.
  13. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    And seems like already has been put through the ETH mining test with 118MH/s hashrate with some OC I assume on the VRAM

If that's the case or these numbers are true then we are gamers are screwed again, because most of miners will want them and similarly all scalpers will be just meddling their hands on that

I would expect performance of RTX 3080Ti will be few % of RTX 3090 and in some cases I expect it will be matching lower end RTX 3090

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Airbud likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if these are prices of 3080ti I shutter to see the cost of the 3070ti. Never mind Mining inplications and scapling that will go involved, it not good time to be PC gamers or even be looking to replace parts

And OMG to wattage...

15. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I will be in for a couple of them. Nvidia ripping people off all day long

ceesay likes this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Yes because folks are happy about being ripped off else why bother?
    Oh you're ripping off again? OK gimme two lol.

17. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I would not sell you one or two.

DannyD likes this.
  18. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    MSRP 73% or so of the MSRP of the RTX 3090, and it will be interesting to me if the scalper's pricing of it will be close to that percentage. Edit: By that I'm referring to the scalpers price of the RTX 3090 versus the scalpers price for the RTX 3080 Ti.

I have a RTX 3080 paired with an AMD 5900X, and since I use v-sync to keep framerates in line with my 4K TV's refresh rate, I'm able to use the Curve in conjunction with limiting its power to 80% to see a quite decent frame per watt. I didn't keep records, but I roughly remember how many watts my overclocked RTX 2080 used, because I had my PC hooked up to a universal power supply. It was paired with an Intel i7-6700 (non-k, so not overclocked), and the UPS I used was limited to 390 watts. I'd hear its warning alarm go off when using Rise of the Tomb Raider's benchmark when the RTX 2080 was overclocked. I also would check the monitoring software of the UPS, and it indicated that the UPS was allowing me a few extra watts before complaining. It was the same deal with the Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark.

I had an EVGA SuperNOVA 650 watt P2 at the time, so that was platinum vs. the 850 watt Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Gold power supply that I'm currently using. So it's not apples to apples. I also use Shadow of the Tomb Raider to measure peak power usage (a bit more demanding of a benchmark than the one of Metro Last Light redux which I also use).

Yadda yadda yadda, when underclocking the RTX 3080 I get a whole lot more frames per second, for not a real lot more watts per second, as compared to the overclocked RTX 2080 of my previous setup.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  19. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Well, I really hope the mining limiter works and the cards will actually be available, because this is the one I want.

Thunk_It and DannyD like this.
  20. Tsenng

Tsenng Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080 AMP
    The few cards that will be available will not cost 1100eur.. Look at the dealer prices on regular 3080 that is 1100eur atm and not even in stock. Heck USED 3080 cards here you can sell in 2 hours for 1600-2000 euros it is INSANE here in Norway.