Geforce RTX 3000 Ampere: Data center March, Consumers June 2020

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the GA102 part is likely going to be <1100
    the GA104 part is likely going to be <700

However, This is RRP.

Actual Retail price will depend on stock availability, and I'm hearing some potential bad things that could impact stock, one of them being that EUV can manage 1500 wafers a day, while ArF immersion can do 6000

airbud7 likes this.
  2. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    This isn't true at all. While AMD did announce a number of years ago they were no longer going to compete for high end graphics, this was reversed over a year ago in an announcement from Lisa Su.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/a...to-be-competitive-again-in-high-end-gpus.html

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Pulling out of high end was a business mistake by the last ceo.

Maddness and airbud7 like this.
  4. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Announcements don't matter, products matter. Maybe they have fancy plans, but until I see a GPU to compete against a 2080 and 2080 Ti, which actually gives me a choice to buy when I want that level of performance, they are not actually competing there.

Preferably competition should also be available within 6 months of each other, because only then does it actually help as much as it can, instead of letting NVIDIA sit at the performance crown for a year and more.

Maddness likes this.

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    2020 is going to be interesting. Save up for summer.

Zen 3 looks like a whole new architecture, so RDNA2 might be as well. Ampere will likely be the fastest thing on the market for the next year or two, but AMD and Intel might not be far behind if they release high end cards.

Maddness likes this.
  6. Timothy D Smith

Timothy D Smith Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx 1080ti
    I agree. We need HDMI 2.1. I'm glad to see some TV manufactures are supporting this in 2019 so it would great. I play a lot of older games on my TV so running 4k 120fps is very possible and would be a real treat.