1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce OC vs GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jmmy23, Oct 10, 2018.

1. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    https://www.komputronik.pl/product/533436/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-oc-11gb.html

https://www.morele.net/karta-grafic...indforce-oc-11-gb-gv-n208twf3oc-11gc-4141840/

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce OC vs GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC.

Hello. I oredered GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC , 20.09 september, but date shipping is unknown , and getting emails from shop about next delay . Also version GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce OC is ready to buy actually and i can have it just tommoro

. So my question take Windforce OC or wait for Gaming longer ( maybe ) ?

Any differences between that 2 models? And Windforce is 200zł cheaper.

2. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    I think gaming has a higher factory oc (30Mhz, nothing special), and slightly bigger cooler.

3. jmmy23

jmmy23 Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    so take windforce?

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I'll suggest taking gaming, Gigabyte published a BIOS update with way higher power target. The Windforce owner will not have bios update...

5. Ex3cut3r

Ex3cut3r Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
    Gaming OC has also a bigger heatsink + new Bios Update with bigger Power Target as mentioned by XenthorX.

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The Windforce cards are absolutely huge, louder than the competitors (but not obnoxiously loud like a stock leaf blower), and don't provide actual improved cooling versus something like MSI's Gaming X series.

If there is an MSI Gaming X version of the 2080 Ti that's the one I would recommend. The one I would least recommend is any of them from Gigabyte. They've been known to regularly do the ol' bait & switch. Later "revisions" (the ones actually in stores and not review samples or first batch samples) are often crap in comparison to what was advertised. Like the GTX 970 I bought, all past the first revision had inferior RAM which would clock 1GHz lower than those in reviews. Or worse, on motherboards they removed power phases.

I used to buy motherboards almost exclusively from them before they went to crap. I'm not buying from them ever again.

7. TheKid76

TheKid76 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Im saving up for the Galax RTX 2080 TI HOF to be released soon