GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce OC vs GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jmmy23, Oct 10, 2018.

1. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    https://www.komputronik.pl/product/533436/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-oc-11gb.html

https://www.morele.net/karta-grafic...indforce-oc-11-gb-gv-n208twf3oc-11gc-4141840/

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce OC vs GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC.

Hello. I oredered GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC , 20.09 september, but date shipping is unknown , and getting emails from shop about next delay . Also version GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce OC is ready to buy actually and i can have it just tommoro

. So my question take Windforce OC or wait for Gaming longer ( maybe ) ?

Any differences between that 2 models? And Windforce is 200zł cheaper.

2. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    so take windforce?

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I'll suggest taking gaming, Gigabyte published a BIOS update with way higher power target. The Windforce owner will not have bios update...

4. Ex3cut3r

Ex3cut3r Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
    Gaming OC has also a bigger heatsink + new Bios Update with bigger Power Target as mentioned by XenthorX.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    The Windforce cards are absolutely huge, louder than the competitors (but not obnoxiously loud like a stock leaf blower), and don't provide actual improved cooling versus something like MSI's Gaming X series.

If there is an MSI Gaming X version of the 2080 Ti that's the one I would recommend. The one I would least recommend is any of them from Gigabyte. They've been known to regularly do the ol' bait & switch. Later "revisions" (the ones actually in stores and not review samples or first batch samples) are often crap in comparison to what was advertised. Like the GTX 970 I bought, all past the first revision had inferior RAM which would clock 1GHz lower than those in reviews. Or worse, on motherboards they removed power phases.

I used to buy motherboards almost exclusively from them before they went to crap. I'm not buying from them ever again.

6. TheKid76

TheKid76 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Im saving up for the Galax RTX 2080 TI HOF to be released soon