GeForce RTX 2080 in TimeSpy Result Set Leaks - Titan Xp performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    All the price announcements I've seen have blower cards priced higher than the FE cards o_O.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    If you don't have to buy new hardware, it doesn't affect you!

Same. You're spared from having to upgrade in order to avoid games running like crap.

See? It's fantastic!

(Actually I'm only half-kidding with all this. I was being sarcastic at first, but now I actually believe this is a positive.)

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You got all the facts right, yet you're blind.

Nvidia being ahead of competition is what allowed them to do RTX.
    Going down the route unknown, creating the entirely new ecosystem and making it appealing to devs is anything but the least effort. In comparison to what they're doing right now, stuffing more stuff on the die is easy.

yasamoka, Stormyandcold and Denial like this.
  4. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Not really surprised Apple are known to do the same, cripple their older products gradually giving the perception that you must upgrade. Do it to quick and it will be noticed. It could also be neglect were changes made to the drivers are not tested in older games and are then no longer monitored on their impact..

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Tbh, with the Global Foundries news yesterday, I think these companies are and will find it increasingly difficult to come out with ever improving product lines for consumers.

There's a reason why AMD will release Navi for corporate/business-use first. By the time Turing/RTX 2080/80ti comes out; the 12nm Titan V will be over 9months old. The new consumer products still not affordable.

If it was that profitable for the fabs, then, I'm sure GF would've kept pursuing 7nm/5nm etc. Be happy that new stuff is still coming...the tech is nearly maxed-out and those capable of making this stuff smaller are taking a step away from this "race".

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Where does that come from? By corporate, did you mean consoles? Or was it meant to be Vega 7nm instead?
    I really wonder about source of this Navi info.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Except we have Jesen on camera saying the 2070 would perform as well as the 1080ti

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    [​IMG]

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There was no gimping occuring here, what you see is "optimizations" getting removed from the driver defaults as they caused visual errors.

I know, I remember reporting them to nvidia back when they had a public bug portal.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    What a good times... Before ~74fps at the end like 38fps.
    Those good old times when optimizations nearly doubled fps across the board on so many games...

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    those mip optimizations on Geforce FX were freaking crazy.

I'm slightly bothered this comparison did not include the 6800 and 78(9)00GS if the point was to test AGP boards.

It also looks like that comparison was done on a VIA/SIS chipset as i see the typical AGP8x corruption known to occur with their FastWrite bugs.

12. riot83

riot83 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 3090
  13. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    here i am not giving much care about this RTX series from nvidia tbh , i just don't see why i should upgrade from my RX480 , let alone if i had a gtx1080/ti .
    Plus the performance looks meh , and let's face it you wont run any game that has raytracing @ 4K or even 1440p with this series , maybe next one 30XX .

14. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Mine also beats it I would imagine all 1080ti overclocked will beat the score

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    ^
    Laugh while while you can. Bench update with raytracing is coming to get you.

16. fabtech

fabtech Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The 3DMARK scores seems quite low or just outdated as the drivers got better optimisations.

My GPU, GTX1070 scores 6586 in Graphics Score... it is almost 900 points better than what we see here...