GeForce RTX 2080 in TimeSpy Result Set Leaks - Titan Xp performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    There is a deal on a Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro +LE for $520. I think I am getting it. I play 1440p and it will be more than enough for me.
    I was hoping the 2080 would have been more interesting.

tunejunky likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Maha Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070
    the real issue (imho) is the performance of the RTX 2070.
    that is the sweet spot in the price/performance ratio for Nvidia... the xx70 always is.
    only we hardcore geeks give a crap about the RTX 2080/ti.
    especially at that price. the budget gamer could build an entire rig for the price of the high end cards. the average enthusiast is the market for the $300-400 cards.
    and as we all know, the higher the price, the fewer the buyers.
    nobody (in the consumer realm) needs a flagship product to game, even competitively. just match your monitor to your card if you want to squeeze out the most FPS. that way you do not need to turn off the eye candy and frankly you can get an excellent G-Sync monitor (at 1440p) for less than the RTX 2080/ti.

alanm and Embra like this.
  3. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    1080 ti OC 11169 [​IMG]

4. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    If AMD could put out cards the compete with 2060/2070 at much lower prices, they will rake $$$.

alanm and tunejunky like this.

5. Chert

Chert Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    This should've been the 2070 based on the increase in performance of the last gen cards.

If this is really the 2080, then price/performance-wise, this new gen cards fall way behind the previous one.

6. tunejunky

tunejunky Maha Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070
    spot on!
    add in the lower cost of Freesync and you get a fantastic experience for hundreds of dollars less.
    i'm an Nvidia guy, but my mind is open...especially if i need to replace my rig or build one for someone else (Xmas time every year).

carnivore likes this.
  7. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Well Nvidia renamed their 1080 cards to 2070 now :), so expect 2070 to perform like a 1080.

8. Chert

Chert Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    That's just it. I expected the 2070 to perform like the 1080ti just like the 1070 vis-à-vis the 980ti.

But it seems that this card is the 2080 so that there is a loss in performance increase in these next gen cards compared to the previous generation.

And this card seems to be overclocked just to keep pace or be slightly ahead of the performance of the 1080ti. If this is really a 2080, then Nvidia will have a lot of problems selling this at that price.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  9. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    This is more in line with how gen to gen performance had been progressing before the 1k series.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Cant wait for the backlash Nvidia is going to get from reviews on the 2080. Just wait for it to drop a $100 in price soon afterwards.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  12. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    7nm will give the boost people are expecting.
    Why? Where's AMD alternative?

13. tunejunky

tunejunky Maha Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070
    if not Xmas, January to time with CES. Navi is already in production at the fab

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    like $200+ price difference for a gain of 500? on top the $600+ price from this gen? Even IF i had that kind money no thanks if people buy in to those price, and we all know people will that means the gen after this one will go up even more if price trend continues by the time I want to actual make new system or get new gpu, the prices will be so stupid I just gona go stick to consoles.

these prices are titan prices, and there not even titans, which mean nvidia probably gona try for 2k for the titans, ever since titans started prices start going up again up on all series each year

if they gona jack prices up 100/200+ from gen to gen they atlest better have performance to back up those prices and i dont see those gains atlest on on that test.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  15. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Dunno what AMD will release, but according to the latest news Navi will not be a consumer card.

Edit: Sorry I was confusing Vega 20 7nm with Navi.

16. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    DECIDING
    price wise - amd vega 64 is looking pretty here in the UK £ 50 cheaper than a GTX 1080.

If I am right in thinking, its the HMB 2 that crucified amd, hence the set back. Kudos for doing something different ;)

17. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Here a Vega64 still cost more than 600 Euros.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Why? New product that is on par with 2 year old product (1080ti) but at a higher price. It will likely get flak from reviews and thus generate skepticism about the product which may affect sales. People dont necessarily need alternatives to not buy something.

19. ivan

ivan Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti
    I had a Vega64 card and if you know how to under-volt (not hard) and have a Platinum rated 800Watt+ PSU its actually very capable card to game in 4k & 2k resolutions. Sadly my house was broken into and it was stolen along with my desktop (right after i put in custom loop on both the Vega64 and Ryzen CPU that was in it). When i rebuilt my system i have gotten 2 1080ti cards @ $740 a piece(was an amaizing price at the time) because vega64 cards were selling for something ridiculous like $900-$1000.
    To be honest if i could have picked up 2x Vega64 cards at current price on newegg ($569USD) and saved a few bucks, i probably would have done so. NVIDIA's drivers totally suck.
    1080ti cards are super nice tho, just wish i had a g-sync and not an a-sync 144hz monitor.
    But yea AMD Vega64 cards are indeen looking very pretty here in US also @ $560USD, however a regular 1080 can b found on there for only $429USD which is even prettier. And I'm sure the price of HMB2 has a lot to do with that price difference as both perform very similar to each other.

20. ivan

ivan Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti
    Yea but you are compering NVIDIA product to a 2 year old NVIDIA product. I'm pretty sure if we did indeed had a competitive product with competitive pricing from AMD, those NVIDIA cards definitely would not be price how they are priced right now.
    Look at the CPU market pricing change since the Ryzen release.