GeForce RTX 2070 Super discontinued, GeForce Ampere RTX 300 Series Launch details

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 5, 2020.

1. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    It all depends which one will give me my 4k/60fps in MSFS, and CP2077 for that matter :cool:

mohiuddin likes this.
  2. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 3G
    Same, until there is a worthy upgrade under $200. The prices the last few years have been insane. If it continues, I can just buy AMDs best APU, a new motherboard, case, power supply, 32GB of RAM, and a small island in the South Pacific, and have some change left over.

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  3. Yosif Videlov

Yosif Videlov Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070S
    Wow pretty excited. Would love to get a RTX3080+CP2077 bundle if not skyrocket priced. Expecting $700-800 range. Else 3070Ti would be a good alternative if it proves to be at least 40% faster than 2070S.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because of people like you, amd will continue selling noncompetitive products.

your money equals validation.

5. Ne1l

Ne1l Member

GPU:
    465 Sli

That's a bit feisty/ungrateful from a 'pinnacle' GTX1080Ti GPU owner... unless you got your GTX1080Ti rummaging around in the bargain bucket too? -- if so then your not the right audience for 'cutting edge hardware' anyway, keep on skip-diving and be thankful some people ' subsidized' your gaming experience ;-)

If you don't own 4K TV and are happy with 1440p then why the hostility... with the PS5 and xBox series X pushing games forward you won't find many of the latest games running smooth 60FPS@1440p.. I have a GTX1080Ti and bought it knowing I'd skip the next generation.., but I've outgrown my 1440p g-sync monitor and also bought a 4K OLED 65" 120FPS TV.. Why should I wait another generation to see what it can really do?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  6. Ne1l

Ne1l Member

GPU:
    465 Sli
    I have a nice CRT monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2020u) that will match perfectly with your lofty gaming requirements.. ;-)

Fender178 and ZXRaziel like this.
  7. k0vasz

k0vasz Member

GPU:
    nV GTX1060 6G
    And it seems AMD will be late to the party (again).
    As this year, they'll only launch their two high-tier cards, but releasing mid-tier cards (which supposed to replace current 5600-5700 cards) only next year.

8. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    These new cards are only interesting for me for VR usage - there is absolutely no need for anything over a 1080Ti for desktop gaming at 1440.

I reckon something like the HP Reverb G2 at its crazy resolution per eye will still have these new cards struggling to reach full frame-rates continuously in some popular VR simulation applications. Most likely even lower resolution headsets like Vive Index would be same. A 20-30% increase in performance over 2080Ti would be pretty terrible for VR I think.

Caesar likes this.
  9. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 3G
    Funny thing is, if I could still run a CRT monitor, I'd be all over that! These "new fangled" digital monitors STILL have not caught up to the image quality of those old things + the fact you can run any resolution at 100% quality instead of being forced into native resolution or horrific blurry mess at any other resolution. The only good thing about them is they are so small and lightweight.

Legacy-ZA and Noisiv like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Totally Agree...who cares for reflection...(depending gameplay - benefits GAMES like ALIEN ISOLATION....hide and seek)

lol....most of us do not look at the mirror nowadays

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    That would be a great display for retro gaming.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    This gives me 2 months to save up some money...

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    So you have real information concerning 3000-prices? Care to share?

Everyone else hasn't heard anything and can therefore not draw any conclusions.

Maddness likes this.
  14. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Daddy needs a new Gpu come-on Ginseng or whatever his name is (founder)

15. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member

GPU:
    1080Ti 11GB
    If Amd can market a card that has 70-80% of the performance of the 3000 series for half the money they will get my money. If Nvidia pulls their heads out of the a**es and actually markets the 3000 series at a fair price I may bite. But if the trend continues expect $1200 3070 cards and Ti cards north of $1500. Hopefully the public speaks with their wallets and leaves the over priced cards on the shelves and goes AMD.

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    September huh? That's a bit sooner than I thought (I thought it'd be around October).

Well then, CP2077 comes out in November... if they don't delay it again that is.

I think I'm going to wait until around the first week of November before ordering one. I highly doubt that the prices for the RTX 3080 in September will be anywhere close to "acceptable". I'll let the rich jump on them first, then some deals will start poppin' around 2 months later. I've always bought MSI cards in the past 7 or 8 years by now, never had a single problem with them, ever. So I'm gonna wait for MSI to come up with their 3080 then I'll make up my mind as to when to buy. However, if the prices are still too high at that point I'll check what AMD has to offer. I do expect their prices to be better.

17. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    Let's hope this generation is priced a little more realistic than the 2000 series the GPU market has been very stale since the 1000 series.
    It feels as if the mining boom never ended or they liked the extra money a little too much.

Maddness likes this.
  18. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Just looking at this topic... almost everyone who posts:

1000this, 1000that, 1080, 1080 Ti, 1070 Ti, 1060 and they keep going.
    Just 2, maybe 3 people with 2000 series.
    And we are the "enthusiasts" that bother to spend our time on a tech forum.

The Average Joe most likely is still on 700 or 900 series, or lower-end Pascal, or if they bought something new, it was the 1650, 1660, 1660 Ti (I know at least 3 of my RL friends which have upgraded but not touched 2000 series, said that 1660 is more than enough for their gaming - after coming from older 600-700 series, and said "RTX is useless").
    I happen to agree with them.

The sales for 2000 were probably abysmal compared to Pascal.

19. Tyrchlis

Tyrchlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti
    Oh quit crying like a baby. You sound bitter. Get a job.

20. ITGuru

ITGuru Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    3080ti launch around 17 September, around the time of release of Cyberpunk 2077.....this game better be good, so much at stake not only for Nvidia, but Cd Project red.