GeForce RTX 2070 Super discontinued, GeForce Ampere RTX 300 Series Launch details

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    AMD will follow shortly, so by the end of the year it should be a good time for an upgrade.

Not sure if I will do it this year, but let's see. ;)

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    New GPU is in order by the end of the year. :)

fantaskarsef, DeskStar and Maddness like this.
  4. Devid

Devid Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I just wonder what is the big hurry?
    Christmas bonus for Mr leather jacket?Not that he did not get it anyways.
    I've got to take a guess, we will see next gen or refresh sooner than usual.

Loobyluggs and mohiuddin like this.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super Trio
    gonna wait for a cp2077 bundle

6. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
  7. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080ti
    amd or nvidia doesn't matter to me but I'm hoping we are going to see 100fps in 4K this time
    (my monitor is in 1080p I say this for the people playing on tv, 21:9 or 4k monitors)

Cave Waverider likes this.
  8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    Woo hoo, something to replace my 1080Ti which will find itself replacing my sons 2060.

9. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    September 17th?
    Hell yeah.

10. leandrofq

leandrofq New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7730M
    What about RTX 3090TI, is just a rumor or she is confirmed? what will be the RTX 3090 ti release date?

11. HybOj

HybOj Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 DCmini
    you mean the TITAN titanium?

12. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    @leandrofq : where have u seen a 3090 Ti rumor ?
    actually the only rumor is on "3090" but honestly I really think it ll the the next Titan.
    there will not be a 3090 (and still less 3090 ti !!! )

13. boe

boe Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 980 TI
    Now I just need a game that makes me want to replace my 1070 TI. Loved the Doom game released a few years ago - hated the 2nd one - but neither requires more processing power. Love the Wolfenstein games but they don't require more video processing power. No new Crytek news. Bioshock certainly doesn't even need the video card I have. COD hasn't done much for me since the earlier games - same with MOH.

That being said, I would gladly upgrade if Doom or Wolfenstein really cranked up the graphics. I'd love a remake of the Jedi Academy or Jedi Knight games with super realistic graphics like they had in the RTX demo with the storm troops (I don't want a multi massive thing - I want a great FPS with the light saber as my primary weapon). I'd love for Crytek to make a new Crysis game with an engine they didn't dare release :) after they gather up the original developers. I'd love a game like Medal of Honor Airborne with a fantastic power hungry graphics engine. I'd love a fun game like NOLF with a great engine. Imagine what Prey could have looked like with a good engine. While I'd love to explore a new game, I'd be happy with old games rebuild with good modern engines.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    All we need next is pricing. Since we have a launch window now. What sucks is that we don't know the pricing of either the New Nvidia GPUs nor the PS5 or Series X. Some users would like that info so they can sort out their finances. With me I might get my GPU upgrade first since there won't be any PS5 games that are interesting to me at launch.

mentor07825 likes this.
  15. mentor07825

mentor07825 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 5700XT
    For me, I simply intend on getting a Nvidia card, thinking of treating myself to a 3080ti for surviving COVID-19 while working, and selling my 5700xt card second hand to claw back some of the money spent. DLSS 2.0 is looking good and I'd like to see the raw ray tracing performance.

16. DannyD

DannyD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    2080S performance for £500 in the shape of a 3070 are my hopes.

mentor07825 likes this.
  17. Tyrchlis

Tyrchlis Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3090 XLR8
    I have more than enough set aside right now for RTX 3080 Ti, even if it runs up to 1500+ dollars, it will be in my tower. My GTX 1080 Ti has served my gaming needs for 3+ years now and held it's ground throughout the Turning generation without needing upgrade. Now it is time, and RTX 3080 Ti is the perfect upgrade path from GTX 1080 Ti in my eyes.

I also know the first year of ownership will see it somewhat under used at 1440p@165hz, but that is perfectly fine. It will have tons of room to grow into over the next 3 years until next upgrade cycle for me.

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    As expected, I'm not sure what I will go for yet, but if nvidia is holding back the 2080Ti Ampere succesor, then I might wait some more. Either way, I'll wait for the good custom cards to pop up before making a decision.

On a side-note, the guy I was supposed to sell my 1080Ti to, despite my advice not to do it, let me know some days ago that he got a brand new (full price store bought) 2070 Super... I mean there's dumb, and then there's super dumb. Needless to say, we're not talking anymore lol. I'm not even salty, it just baffles me how clueless people can be with their purchases. He could have got roughly the same performance for 1/4th (or even less) of the money from my 1080Ti or get a 3070 for the same money which will be significantly faster... o_O

I will probably end up just keeping the 1080Ti as a souvenir/emergency backup card. It's by far the best price/performance in combination with long life card I've ever had, it's been 3.5 years and it's still doing very, very well at 1440p. Can't remember any other cards that aged this well.

19. karma777police

karma777police Master Guru

GPU:
    Dear Nvidia you won't see a penny from me. And when I decide to upgrade 1080 ti I have it will be 20xx series from used market or NAVI.

In mean time haven't found a single game where my 1080 ti cannot run at => 60 FPS at 1440p maxed settings in other words, don't give a f. about Nvidia and their over priced 3000 series.

Slinkyminx likes this.
  20. karma777police

karma777police Master Guru

GPU:
    Because of people like you Nvidia will keep ramping up prices.

DeskStar, rocky01 and Legacy-ZA like this.