Geforce/ion driver release 196.34 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 27, 2010.

Tags:
?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

87 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

66 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

27 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    Problem fixed by 196.34, feels smooth overall also :)

2. Cyber-Mav

Cyber-Mav Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800gt 512mb
    that problem is either related to dodgey gfx card or too high an overclock. i can replicate it at any time by overclocking my card. best way to find out if your card is stable at a given clock speed is to run occt for 12 hours full screen gpu burn. if it passes then your core speed is stable and you wont get the nvlddmkm errors. that is unless your gpu memory is unstable. its a lot harder to test gpu ram than it is to test the gpu core.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If you get those errors very regularly then it would be something like that for sure.
    But if the problem only occurs here and there it might actually be a software problem.
    I went down the same road and was able to fix all my problems except the one I have in MW2. Once in a while I get a driver recovery there, always when the game just starts (where you can select your loadout).
    That problem persisted no matter what driver version and overclock I used.
    Depending on where you have those problems -> it helped me to set the in-game refresh rate to 59Hz, just like Windows thought it should report it (that stupid rounding error thing). Before I had it on 60. Might help here and there.

4. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    this driver is diaree its full of hitch ups in 3d mark vantage what i said before, its stable in bioshock 2, and other games, only RE5 and Vantage gets hitch ups, i also get a much lower score with this driver in 3dmark vantage normaly i have 21680 on performance now i have just 20980

and RE5, in the last benchmark level, makes the game benchmark stutter like hell lol :wanker:

update: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat maybe its the engine , but i get also hitch ups in there to, like memory leaks, it comes often, than it freezes for like 30 to 35 sec, than i can play it agian, this problem is only in this game

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010

5. oldzoom

oldzoom New Member

GPU:
    TriSli Volt mod 8800Ultra
    I was having alot of problems with the 196.21 drivers in bioshock2, the 196.34 drivers seemed to fix my crashes/choppy frames.

6. CrAnK

CrAnK Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 780 3GB HOF
    Anyone have any success with these drivers on a factory OCed 295 (Evga 295 Coop FTW Edition)? I have the 196.21 and WoW, Burnout, & Prototype all run fine.... LFD2 gets choppy and studders. Game is playable but studders. I have MW2 and havent tried it there but was wondering if this new beta driver has better results on the 295.

Or should i go stick with a 188.xx or 186.xx since i have read here ppl like them the most?

TY!

Rig Specs:

Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate
    Evga Nforce 790i SLI Main Board
    Intel QX9650 OCed @ 4.02ghz
    8gb G-Skill DDR3 1600 @ 7-7-7-15 1.35v
    Evga GTX295 Co-op FTW Edition
    2x 150gb Raptor-X @ 10,000rpm

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  7. CrAnK

CrAnK Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 780 3GB HOF
    UPDATE:

Installed the 196.34 drivers and the LFD2 studdering is gone. Game with ALL settings maxed out runs flawlessly. No errors, BSOD etc. Burnout with settings maxxed runs flawless also.

My only disapointment was in WoW. With the 196.21(Although LFD2 was choppy) WoW ran retartedly smooth. Was humanly impossible to get the game to hiccup. Now with the 196.34, i noticed, but only briefly in Dalaran, i may get 1 hiccup very seldom. But while raiding in ICC @ Marrowgar, when he was in his whirlwind phase shooting blue flames all over the map, FPS dropped to 25 which shouldn't happen(Screen was pretty full with 10ppl plus boss and fast moving flames everywhere. For thoes who dont play wow). Didnt happen at any of the boss fights tho. Guess that's the trade off for non choppy games, some sacrificed performance in WoW. Nothing to cry about, but just my .02

8. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    this driver causes all the objects on the campaign map to disappear in empire total war :(

9. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    Hmmmm so the last officials prohibited OCing huh? If that affects factory OCs it probably explains why my FPS unusually low in CS:Source 62 player servers. Good to hear! I thought Steam was up to something...

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No, it didn't prohibit. They changed the clock domain ID's for some reason which broke applications that used them for software OCing. This was fixed in 196.34 BETA. It does not affect the clocks as set in the GPU BIOS.

11. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    This is actually Stalker itself, you can either set a launch option to avoid preloading of world data (objects/textures) or just turn down your object & texture detail to minimize those 'freezes'. All other stalkers have this issue (especially with LURK/Stalker2009 and other such mods that vastly improve textures in the older games.)

OR, use a modern TRIM-capable SSD (am guessing you're on Win7) to speed up the loading of data.

12. JohnDoeGamer

JohnDoeGamer Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti Gaming
    Best driver Ive ever had on my W7 64 GTX275 rig. The IQ is amazing.

13. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Anyone getting major graphical anomalies in Batman: Arkham Asylum on Win 7 32 with these drivers? All my other games are fantastic with 195.34.

14. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Installed BF BC2 today, didn't expect much after testing the beta few weeks ago...

but to my great surprise: It plays really well (SLI GTX 260 tho, both cards get goot workout, 63C @ 82% and maybe 80fps avg / 2048x1152 rez) and looks pretty amazing at times (SP, blowing up houses, all High except HBAO off, 4xAA). Using Quad Core, but cores were used ~50%