Geforce/Ion Driver Release 195.62 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bludd, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    W7 Professional, 195.62 WHQL, gained 2 fps in FarCry2 went from 50 to 52fps, i also noticed much better performance in Crysis (another gain of 2fps and less stutters).

tried all other games and they're working perfectly, only exception being Fallout3 and the 1 second stutter when turning around, but as i said i dont play it anymore so its fine by me.

the 190-191 were absolute garbage, must say nvidia improved a few things with the 195.xx and it's getting up there with the almighty 186.18 whql, still this won't mean people are not going to get problems and complain, that's understandable too. ;)

keepers for me.

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Okay here's what happened with my L4D2 problem.

I had crashes with the no-aa option in-game so I forced it with Nhancer. But now the in-game no-aa works.

Believe me or not. I took screenshots to prove that I was at the same spot (didn't catch the FRAPS number tho but why would I lie)
    I get 45 FPS with the in-game NO AA

[​IMG]

I get 60 FPS with the forced nhancer NO AA

[​IMG]

Both are the same settings, all dynamic shadows work the same.

So, is the in-game NO AA broken? :)

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Eh the problem with deleting all the Nvidia Display files/folders in the repository is if you delete the base WDM files you cannot install most BETA drivers. It will fail with a system not modified error. So maybe you might want to modify your advice to remove only the display driver versions for those other than the base 185.XX WDM. You can of course determine the file version by right clicking on the folder. :)

4. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    We've been over this before. the WDDM 1.1 drivers are in the nv_lh folder. Deleting the nv_disp folders are perfectly safe.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Eh no we have not. But you're correct, the other gentle soul was having them delete all the nv_ without distinguishing the nv_disp.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    I havent had a game crash on me in OVER a year, and i've never ever used a driver cleaner.
    In conclusion, its just a placebo effect. There is no point to the driver cleaners =)

7. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Weird, I especially downloaded the latest Nvidia system tools to make sure of that and it gave me that problem twice ... just going to go without it for a while since clocks are ok and temps also I guess since I have a gainward GS with 2 coolers on it so should be ok ^^

But weird, I don't understand it :/

The drivers themselves seem really good, played some matches in UT 3 and all is smooth sailing. Yet to test other games.

I'm really buggered out from the nvidia system tools thingy, I don't dare to reinstall it again otherwise I have to reinstall everything again if it doesnt work since only uninstalling system tools doesn't solve the problem for me, the control panel stays buggered :/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  8. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    So what's the reason they still didn't include the 9.09.30 PhysX yet??

And does this fix the "it's like SLI gets turned off" bug on subsequent level loads in games like L4D1/2?

I still have bad misgivings for the whole 19x series on my cards. I get like 30 fps less in games with 191.07 compared to 186.18, so this "whql" version scares me. lol

Happy T-day! :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  9. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    I posted the same question further up this thread. The answer is obvious really, They aren't officially released yet.

10. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Thank you for the note! Avoiding now. :bang:

11. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Seems to me the 19x series essentially abandons the 8800 series cards.

nv:puke2:8800s

12. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Mirror's Edge does that to me too with any driver. It seems to be how the game is loading in new data from disk as you reach certain areas, in a not very optimized or just non-threaded way.

13. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Man that stinks. But with 191.07, I got like 30 fps less than 186.18 I now use for good. (Dunno how the 190.x's are but they messed up other games for me.)

14. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    this is true , I just do it to be thorough.

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

nah look again I explained what happens after.

16. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Thanks for suggesting Afterburner, uninstalled Riva and tested this, this is one nice app.

I was just wondering, I doubt I need to ask this but here goes anyway, you don't need to have the application open all the time to make the fan profile work right ?

Thanks anyone for answering me this.

17. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Member

GPU:
    AMD 6970
    Thought people were saying these drivers fixed the Fallout 3 stuttering? Just as bad for me on my GTX 295

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I didn't know that but that would certainly explain why Fallout 3 crashes in Entertainment mode but not Game mode. Thanks.

19. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    Had some mass stuttering in mass effect at first uninstalling and reinstalling with driver sweeper didnt do a thing, checked and had files from 3 different driver sets, a driver sweep cleaning from safe boot fixed it tho.

20. cherryghost

cherryghost Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 570
    on 7 64 bit.

trackmania runs rubbish on all 19x drivers. game completely bogs down about 5 minutes into it, this driver is no exception. cant see much of a difference with any other game.

fallout 3 stutters for me also