Geforce/Ion Driver Release 195.55

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Nemes1s, Nov 17, 2009.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea it worked with 195.39 here too, 195.50 is also good but they make some small stutters all the time not only first lap..

im back to 187.62 in win7,
    in win xp im using 195.55 and they're good in all games installed: Fear combat, Batman AA, Quake4, Wolfenstein, Mirrors Edge, UT3, Grid.

2. Daemos of Chaos

Daemos of Chaos Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 @ 895/2150
    Lol, there is nothing wrong with the engine, this has been happening ever since the release of Nvidia's fail 19x.xx series of drivers, it works perfectly fine and smooth with the older 18x.xx series.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think its abit of both.
    Newer drivers proritise newer games, and Fallout3 has suffered a series of problems with many sets of drivers from the day it was released, moreso than any game i've known.

Its pretty obvious Nvidia know about this, so they either consider it an engine flaw, or they just don't care, as this is the only game that has been consistently problematic with the 190.** series drivers.

4. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Shows what you know about the gamebryo engine then.....

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

He does have a valid point. The game does run smoothly on the 186.xx drivers and stutters to varying degrees on every driver since.

6. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX275 869MB DDR 3
    Auto fan speed 3D will not work in rivatuner, is it only me?
    Or is it still not working?

THX

7. Daemos of Chaos

Daemos of Chaos Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 @ 895/2150
    Yes your'e right, I haven't done extensive overkill research on the game engine, I know it has it's gay glitchy moments, but going from perfectly smooth to lag because of a driver change has got nothing to do with a game engine, but rather that nvidia's 19x.xx series of drivers fail when it comes to gaming performance.

Including new features that are supposed to "enhance" your gaming or graphical experience should, in my mind, not hamper your performance in the games and apps these features are supposed to improve... lol

8. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    I'll have to get Fallout 3 off steam in the near future, i do know that former drivers contained a performance fix to work around a bug in that specific version of gamebryo (doesn't effect Oblivion)

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Only with Windows 7. The 190 drivers run Fallout very well in Vista.

10. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    recently reinstalled windows7 and first of all did a clen install of the 195.55 driver(non modded system). now they work perfectly on my system. every game is running very good withot any issues (so far at least). will install fallout 3 to see how it runs on my new card and also to check if it has issues like the ones described above.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Good to know, my Vista partition has been lying dormant for months now, might use that if i ever get round to finishing Fallout3.

I'm assuming that XP is fine with these drivers too using Fallout3.

12. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    tis what i've heard.

13. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    after using these drivers for a week they run fast and look good apart from gta 4 n nfs shift which both crash with nvdkmmdll wtf it is error , dont say i aint installed properly i know and have seen the post and have tried both ways my normal method and the method described by nvidia in previous driver post which by the way is not what nvidia claim its what that nvidia rep claims , removing by device manager leaves 30- 40 files on your hd were as my normal method of thro add remove programs then driver sweeper in safe mofde only leaves 3 or 4 so for me nvidia talking bs again , these are good drivers apart from specific games so i guess its all down to what u play , myself back to 191.00 quadro which have been faultless for months now

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    What OS are you running? Shift runs fine on 7 with these. Perfectly well actually.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    @Squall

hearing and experience your self are totally different things,..
    Your wild guesses are just a guesses and nothing more, so stop putting out these facts.

and yes i agree they did something huge in driver so it stutters in FO3.

16. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    and lag/texture issue in battlefield 2 ( windows 7 , Gtx260 ). Doesn't affect vista users or SLI

17. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    windows 7 and yes it runs fine but then crashes with the error i stated , no other driver i have used with shift crashes it with theses it can run fine for 4 hours then crash within 10 minutes with the same error each time

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Oh ok, that's interesting. When you said it "crashes" it sounded like it crashes right away, just after the game is started or just when a race is supposed to start.
    Such a random error is hard to track of course.

19. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 1GB
    Fixed scaling is still broken in this driver for Windows 7.

20. Sher-e-Khuda

Sher-e-Khuda Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB
    195 Beta Drivers suck

I was having a torrid time with so many crashes in Dragon Age Origins and The Sims 3 World Adventures in Windows 7 x86.

I uninstalled these drivers and rolled back to 191.07. All of my game crashes have now been fixed.

I'll never ever try any beta drivers again in the future!