Geforce/ion driver release 191.03 beta out !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Crashing on 1st level after training, just after I've gone over the pipe, wall-walked, over onto the wall pipes and go through the door. Repeatable crash. Will try that physx 8.10.13

...8.10.13 didn't fix the problem. Definately not the game as it works fine with physx turned off.

Resolved: Used PhysX 9.09.0428

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2070 Mini OC
    Increased effieciency for games that use shader model 4 and also some effects (such as the rain effect on the ground/objects in STALKER CS).

Have you tried disabling SSAO (screen space ambient occlusion)?

Some people don't like the artifacting that it generates (particualarly at lower resolutions).

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm not sure the downclocking is actually working properly for me. The GPU is DEFINITELY downclocking from 670/1476/1242 but rather than it being 300/600/100 it's 400/800/300.

4. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    Call me crazy i went back to first driver for gtx200 lol 177.35 no physx.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Your crazy xSLIX :p

Darren Hodgson, mine does that too, but my 2D desktop speeds are 400/800/300.

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I've noticed a drop also in batman, but comapred to 186.39 drivers. in game its not noticealbe, but the benchmark was slower. but other games work great with these, and so far i haven't had a game freeze due to alt tabbing, but it happens with all other sets in win7

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Maybe it's intentional then to give the desktop a small speed boost? I'm not unduly bothered as it still significantly downclocks; it's just I was puzzled as to why it wasn't dropping right down to 300/600/100 like it was before.

I'm not 100% sure but I thought my desktop speeds were 300/600/100 just after booting into Windows.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    has downclocking during gaming been fixed? i have a GTX260 coming to replace my 8800's.

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Not in my case... :(

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    No, im still getting downclocking during gaming. Just force it to max performance with rivatuner.

11. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey,

I've 1 question for you:
    I've 2 screen and i wish use both screens on fullscreen for my games, i've win7.
    The only thing i've got actually and only it's use the window mode on prey and doom 3 and after i wide the window but all games can't make it.
    Any solution?

12. Vichello

Vichello Guest

Uuh, this may sound stupid but can anyone discribe the problem what you mention ? Thanks!

13. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well for me my screen goes black for a few seconds then come back on and my card is locked in 2D mode until i restart. To be honest i think its a display driver crash.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

ooooooooooooh that is what happened!! Lol when I was playing The Witcher, got a huge black screen, came back in game and it was really choppy.

Good to know. It happened once tho.

Now that I think about it, it happened in Aion too.

That was with both 190.62 and 191.03

15. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If you force permanent 3D mode with rivatuner, even tho you get the blackscreen when it comes back on you still have full power.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    How can I force it? I have the same problem as yours... Why the driver keeps crashing??? I'm using Win 7 RC.

In RT, in the OC window, the "force constant performance level" setting is greyed out...

17. harkinsteven

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Open Rivatuner, click on Power User, Expand RivaTuner/NVIDIA/Overclocking. Now Look for EnablePerfLevelForcing and set its value to 1. You can now change the setting "force constant performance level".

18. rabbitweed

rabbitweed Member

GPU:
    2x6950@885/1385 unlocked
    forcing permenant 3d mode thru RT is a temporary fix for me.still downclocks to 2d mode during 3d apps but with this RT workaround it stays on 3d clocks a while...but 2nd gpu of my card still downcloaks.till i find a fix i will stick with 186.91.
    These 19x.xx sets are really worst drivers i ever used

@sertopico

have a look at this guide.
    http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/423880-howto-prevent-gtx-200-series-downclocking.html

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    check release notes, i think its not supported in win7 yet, from what i saw there isn't much stuff with dual screens..

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hm i will try tnx:nerd:,

and yea it looks so flat with it at low i experimented a bit what gave the best speed /iq ratio and i ended up using medium ssao. off must suck :Dlol