GeForce/ION 191.07 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Fabfire, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I`ll stick with the 191.03s. They load textures/redraw smoother for me than the 191.07s.

2. Peps

Peps New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX285 1GB
    Hi guys! My first time on this forum! (long time listener, first time caller)
    I felt I needed to share with you the issues I am having issues with this driver and you may also encounter this problem. I noticed after a while my frame rates cut down by half or more during gaming and I found it was because the driver switched to 2d clock mode / low performance mode during gaming! It does not occur all the time or every time and I was only able to replicate the problem again after an hour of deliberate jumping in and out of games. I have since reverted to the previous WHQL and all is fine. Can anyone replicate my issue and/or find a simnple fix to lock the 3d clocks for this driver? Thanks Peps.

3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Been using these since yesterday, nothing broken I can see and good performance in all games I play BF2, UT3, CS:S and F.E.A.R. 2.

keepers.

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    CPU bottleneck is much more a commercial argument to sell material (as the consomation of GPU to sell expensive PSU).

in theory it exist... but in reality it is less evident a bit like the difference beween 2 HD one in SATA and one in SATA2... lol

Anyway i have instaled 191.07 on 3 computer 2 have random freeze... i go back to 190.62 buggy but not freezing ^^

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Try running 3X GTX285's from a Celeron D 356 or a Pentium D935 and tell us that bottleneck is theory! :D LOL

It is not theory what so ever. Each system has one in some form or another. With some systems it is more pronounced than others. Marketeers don't use the term a lot actually. Most cases, it is us, the guys with the stuff that find out about it and learn ways to improve our systems and streamline our gear.

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Seconded.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Get nhancer and play around with compatibility flags.
    I got forced AA+AF to work on older games like CoD and RTCW, which both use OGL without doing anything special except setting extension flags.
    Only found out that it worked because some here on the forums reported about CoD and RTWC, so found the old disks, installed and replicated the problems.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    My E8400 at stock heavily bottlenecks my GTX285 in many games.

There's some games in which I get as much as an extra +20FPS if I over-clock only the CPU by roughly 800Mhz, without touching the RAM frequency at all. Those games are mostly CPU-dependent, of course, one of them in which the bottleneck is very evident and far from being a theory or being negligible is Fallout 3, and Oblivion as well (maybe related to the engine). I could name dozens of other games I own in which I have tested direct and evident bottlenecks.

9. zaft

zaft Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Wow something wrong with this driver "Windows will shutdown in 1 minutes"
    "svchost.exe_PlugPlay"

back to 186.91

10. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    You might got yourself a virus.

Personally, I'll try these drivers... maybe even today.

Please, don't tell that bottleneck issues don't exist. If they didn't then graphics profilers wouldn't exist either. Real life examples:
    Age of Conan, E8400, 8800GTS - overclocking CPU from 3.0 to 3.6 GHz resulted in improved framerates and higher GPU temps, even when I separated heatsinks
    Age of Conan, i7 920, GTX 260 SLI - the same. Fallen Earth benefits from OCing this CPU too.

CPU bottleneck can be easily observed by looking at GPU temperatures. If they are high and stable, that means that GPU's are highly loaded most of the time. If temperature jumps, then it's not the case. If downclocking CPU decreases this stability and overclocking increases, then we have a case of CPU bottleneck. When writing my bachelor thesis about offloading work from CPU to GPU, I found temperature readouts to be very reliable indicator of GPU utilization.

11. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    As someone said before, sometimes a strange jitter/lag in BF2. For example you spawn at a flag, take a jeep and drive to a flag at other side of map, and every 100 meters or something you drived there was a lag, like it needed to load something ...
    And it looked as if CoD WaW was running a bit worse tbh.
    All in all, felt less smooth and reactive.

Everything worked though.
    But still going back to 190.62

Edit : After going back to 190.62 lag in BF2 gone, and I also tested UT 3 and it felt smoother then it felt on 191.07

No keepers.

I'm under the impression that these are optimized for Win 7, not XP.

12. black_dawn

black_dawn New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 mb
    I have an issue with 191.07 which is present in 190 series as well. Settings from nvidia control panel are not applied instantly and only take effect after application restart. 182.50 doesn't have this problem. Maybe there is a way to fix it through registry or something? Using XP SP2 x86

13. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    From my experience these drivers are a little slower under Win7 than 182.16. I still try to decide to go back.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The desktop runs at 60 Hz for me with Vista but 59 Hz with Windows 7. Although I have a 60 Hz option in the control panel for Windows 7 it doesn't "stick" for me so if v-sync can only be enabled with 60 Hz then there's a potential problem right there for me when I upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista later on this month.

15. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Thirdededed.........

16. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    working great so far..

17. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Working great so far, no problems although my clocks were almost stuck after using Badaboom. Only tried L4D and TF2 so far and no problems with install.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The only game i've saw it affecting so far is the demo for PES2010, and its just Vsync, which can still be enabled other ways.

19. Aleksandarcox

Aleksandarcox Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8500 GT 256 MB
    Hmmm... I could agree with post that's few above mine.

Interesting numbers 191.07. This could definetly be... ekhmm... special and final release for Win. 7. :chainsaw:

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    These are working very good for me so far.