GeForce/ION 191.07 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Fabfire, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ingram45

Ingram45 New Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX580
    This driver crashes Battlefield 2 with the 1.50 patch, as soon as the game starts it crashes to desktop. Went back to the 182.50's any feedback on a better driver would be appreciated.

2. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    I gave up on the 191/190 series for now, and am using 186.18 whql which restores normal smoothness in my games. (182.50 was good too but it's missing the big improvement for Mirror's Edge.) So unless nvidia gets their act together in 192+, this is my final driver until a new game requires later. lol

3. malitoff

malitoff New Member

GPU:
    2 x Geforce 280
    installation problems ???

I have used the driver cleaning tool at guru3d, cleaned the system, then tried to install the 191.07 drivers, the install starts and runs fine until around 17-20% then it hangs there, however the system is not hung, I can tab out and cancel the process... anyone else having issues with the install process ?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Decompress the driver, move the PhysX and 3DVision installers from the driver folder and run the setup.exe in order to install the driver.

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Don't think it's the driver, been playing BF2 for two days now, don't see anything abnormal. Smooth and fast 0n the 191.07's.

6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I don't get any crashs either however i get the odd lag and strange texture shimmer in front of my feet when walking. This IS driver related as it only happens with 190 and up!

Seems to be sporadic though not everyone gets it

7. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=306622

8. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
  9. toyzruz

toyzruz Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx280@sli
    The Nvidia Display Driver Service service has reported an invalid current state 32"

... First thing i get ... in event log after installing 191.07@win7 x64 ... after a while i got nvlddmkm errors in Batman , too... (never had such an issue with vista...)
    Does anybody have the same problem@windows seven?
    solutions :)

toyz

10. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    These drivers are horrible with my 9500gt , back to the 190.38

11. knopper

knopper Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX560
    You mean especially GTA 4 too?

12. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Well I just meant one I have that got a big boost after the 182 series ("with AA enabled" tho -heh).

13. Hawke95583

Hawke95583 Member

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GTX470
    CPU bottleneck ...

QUOTE=rl66;3301160]CPU bottleneck is much more a commercial argument to sell material (as the consomation of GPU to sell expensive PSU).

in theory it exist... but in reality it is less evident a bit like the difference beween 2 HD one in SATA and one in SATA2... lol :biggun:

Anyway i have instaled 191.07 on 3 computer 2 have random freeze... i go back to 190.62 buggy but not freezing ^^[/QUOTE]

Horsehocky on your "theory". It exists and is verifiable... Speak from facts and not opinion.

Thank you.

14. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I was not singling out his computer, merely stating that a lot of folks are having this "Crashing" problem with the BF2 1.50 patch, their patch history is really poor IMHO. Just Google it and you'll see what I mean.

As for your issue, I don't see any of that here on my PC. Are you running a modified config, third party app or forcing something in your CP? I found AF was the biggest offender for that kind of shimmering problem.

15. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    no , no and more no's

Try the stuttering thread , last reply it's not just me

16. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Read the stuttering thread, I see quotes from ~ a dozen peeps and only two or three replying to that thread. If it where a wide spread problem I would expect there would be hundreds of reply's. I think it's a configuration problem, or possibly the video BIOS or memory conflicts causing the programs to go to page file.

I hope you get it sorted. GL

17. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    I do aswell! , only happens with 190 and up :bang::bang:

Using 186.94 now , perfectly :banana:

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I found the 186.94's to be excellent drivers as well. I would stay with them until this gets sorted.

19. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Pretty much all the drivers 179 , 185 , 186 worked great... I'd love to know what changed in the 190/191's for some/most people to have these strange affects in certain games.

20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm not a programmer, that being said it usually results from nVidia tightening up memory timings. Some cards may have trouble with this. I remember a thread here that reported that updating the video card BIOS sometimes helped.

Anyway, GL to you. I hope you get it resolved.