GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 466.74

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jun 9, 2021.

1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    I'll keep it in mind.

2. eTheBlack

eTheBlack Active Member

GPU:
    GigaByte R9 280X W3X OC
    Cant you check Event Viewer and see what exactly caused BSOD?

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    He wrote that it was when updating to 466.63, 466.74 has the hotfix for the DCP Watchdog Violation, seems to be related to Windows 10 MPO's as well, since using an old fix stopped black screen crashes with 466.63.
    Another side effect of the registry entry is that YouTube works like it should with chromium based browsers, been checking the chromium development repository and seen that a developer has put up a fix.
    My guess is, that one of Nvidia's driver developers probably tested some ideas for a fix too and forgot to remove something pre release, I might guess wrong though.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  4. stampedeadam

stampedeadam New Member

GPU:
    1080ti sc black
    I've had DPC_WATCHDOG blue screens ever since updating to 466.63 - but I've got a 1080ti (Pascal based). I thought my OC had become unstable!

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, your post is, especially that end bit that has no evidence what so ever and has been disproven in countless performance analysis.

But i bet you only watch Hardware Unboxed.

6. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3 UG
    OK enough of the insults.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    OK , how about we talk about driver feedback again instead of all this BS which leads nowhere but a bad mood for everyone.

8. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'll just be honest here and say i have a feeling some bugs are destined to never be fixed, like the WoW Shadowlands flickering which has been around for a while now.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The fix has been confirmed for R470, and some other causes of flickers are being worked through in the game client for a future game patch.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    is ok water under the bridge as it comes for the stfu etc , when it comes to your experience with the drivers and what you prefer there is really nothing to apologize for there , sorry from my side if it came out as too provocative .Also very glad to see that you proved completely wrong my final statement (( not everyone learns to act like an adult after all ! <---this one))

loracle likes this.

11. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    I have a gtx 1080ti and with all the recent drivers, the driver will crash at random in Forza Horizon 4 (Steam version) and F1 2020. It only has issues with DX12 games. I Ran the 3DMark DX12 stress tests for hours with no crash and a 99.1% pass rate. I have also removed drivers with DDU still same issue. I have tried with HAGS on and off, switched off Game mode, the Game bar, still always the although the crash could occur immediately or after a few mins. Event viewer shows the driver has crashed.

12. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Do you have any video card overclocking or running afterburner with some custom settings?

13. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Yes, I have afterburner running with a custom fan curve, I have thew FE version of the 1080Ti. There is also a mild overclock of +50 on the core, core voltage, power limit and temp limit set to max to try help things. I have been running it like this since late 2018. As i said with these settings the 3DMark Dx12 stress test passes after running for hours, unless 3DMark is not the ideal testing software

14. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    There are two ways to see if your settings affect this.
    Try to add a bit more voltage to your current settings or reduce the clock a bit.
    We're talking here small values like 30MHz or 15-20mV.

Save it as a new profile and see how it goes.

PS: Ideally on a FE you should run an undervolt profile to optimize consumption/cooling. You won't loose significant performance but the card will consume less and run cooler.

15. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    Yeah its been a few years since i got a cd with a gpu but they usually recommend(not demand) you use the latest driver at the time of the cards release, if its an older gen that is no longer supported then its not mandatory for the vendor to supply the latest and greatest driver.

Tantawi likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There are no (known) issues with Forza Horizon 4's stability and the 466 drivers (on Pascal cards)
    tty8k's idea is on point.

17. funkmunky80

funkmunky80 Member

GPU:
    Palit GF9800GTX+ 512MB
    Any chance it fixes pascal cards crashing in Elite Dangerous, or am I being too hopeful here and I've got to wait for Fdev to fix it instead?

18. NEChris

NEChris Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 3GB
    No I don't, I test them in the DX9 based racing simulation games I play.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ah, so the usual "trust me, i experienced it" line that doesn't line up with any benchmarking done that consistently proves completely otherwise.

You have 8GB of ram and a CPU that was gimped hard by spectre mitigations, but its nvidia's fault your sims are slower. :rolleyes:

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    A driver will not fix the lack of proper occlusion culling.